Dettol No Touch Hand Soap - refill with hand gel??

Found 26th Jul 2011
Ok, I got a few of these and I noticed on the deal threads that people were talking about refilling these with an alcohol based hand gel. Has anyone done this yet and if so which hand gel did they use?

Some hand gels are really rather thick consistency wise so was wondering what one may be suitable (ish!!) in this dispenser?

Ta
Community Updates
MiscGelSoapTouchDettol
18 Comments
we refilled ours with Radox handwash which seems to work okay.

refilled mine with bubble bath lol works just the same-smells lovely. No anti-bac obv but i have the gel stuff for that x
northerngeezer

we refilled ours with Radox handwash which seems to work okay.

me too or whatevers on offer they have all worked so far
hi do you drill a hole in Dettol dispenser to refill it or is there another way Cheers
bavis1

hi do you drill a hole in Dettol dispenser to refill it or is there … hi do you drill a hole in Dettol dispenser to refill it or is there another way Cheers

i use a flat headed screw driver to prise of the lid(its too hard to just pull off) fill it up then put lid back on
Cheers everybody. Has anyone refilled there's with the hand gel though, not a wash?
You don't touch the dirty handle, but even if it was dirty.. you're washing your hands straight after anyway O_O
i used a screwdriver too...read it was better to put in hot water first but all that did was scald my hands!
plumberman01

i used a screwdriver too...read it was better to put in hot water first … i used a screwdriver too...read it was better to put in hot water first but all that did was scald my hands!

lol yer daft pud :o)
Dehumanization

You don't touch the dirty handle, but even if it was dirty.. you're … You don't touch the dirty handle, but even if it was dirty.. you're washing your hands straight after anyway O_O

THIS.

Most pointless, stupid invention ever - at the very least, the marketing reason for buying one is stupid. Could have marketed it for the elderly, disabled or children, but noooo.
Dettol no hand touch hand touch no hand FTW!

its a cool lil gadget .... had my mother in law stumped for ages!
DragonChris

THIS.Most pointless, stupid invention ever - at the very least, the … THIS.Most pointless, stupid invention ever - at the very least, the marketing reason for buying one is stupid. Could have marketed it for the elderly, disabled or children, but noooo.

i agree BUT it IS great for kids my 4 year old thinks its magic and encourages him to was his hands after going to the toilet.

Your MIL must be very old (or doesn't get out much), these were out ages ago X)

magicbeans

Dettol no hand touch hand touch no hand FTW!its a cool lil gadget .... … Dettol no hand touch hand touch no hand FTW!its a cool lil gadget .... had my mother in law stumped for ages!

jamstaruk1972

i use a flat headed screw driver to prise of the lid(its too hard to just … i use a flat headed screw driver to prise of the lid(its too hard to just pull off) fill it up then put lid back on

I going try that, a friend bought me one, used it and then run out and not bought any refills, but will try get lid off so I can refill .
I drilled a 25mm hole, washed the bits of plastic out and fitted a gromett.

Tried radox and Tesco anti bac.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y14/gavjbrown/Mobile%20uploads/IMG_20110712_102527.jpg
jamstaruk1972

i agree BUT it IS great for kids my 4 year old thinks its magic and … i agree BUT it IS great for kids my 4 year old thinks its magic and encourages him to was his hands after going to the toilet.

And I think that is great! Honestly, I do, and that is the marketing pitch I would take the justify the purpose of it, or at the very least one of the main angles I would use so as not to alienate the rest of the market.

But the marketing idea behind it is just plain thick, and therefore it is stupid (for lack of a better term at just before 9am :))
gavjbrown

I drilled a 25mm hole, washed the bits of plastic out and fitted a … I drilled a 25mm hole, washed the bits of plastic out and fitted a gromett. Tried radox and Tesco anti bac.

great idea mate.
I find it useful for in the kitchen, baking tends to make my hands messy and the No Touch means less mess to clean up after. However the refills are a bit pricy so going to try some of these tips to refil myself! Thanks!

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants