DFS £70 delivery

Posted 26th Jun
DFS have a nice sofa (Xen) but the delivery is £70. Anyone managed to get it cheaper? It's turning a £300 sofa info a £400 sofa.

12 week delivery is kind of a joke too but it's hard to find a comfortable sofa that doesn't cost silly money. Most are too low or you sink into then and can't get up.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
You need a new calculator. 300 + 70 isn’t 400.
mtsk26/06/2020 18:42

If you struggle to get up from a sofa, it's not the sofa you need I'm …If you struggle to get up from a sofa, it's not the sofa you need I'm afraid

Disability sucks, thanks for rubbing it in.
DFS. You get what you pay for. The delivery will probably be the better part of your purchase
30 Comments
Danze198426/06/2020 18:34

OP - we bought sofas from DFS just over a year ago and the delivery charge was pretty steep like you say. but we liked the sofa and they were pretty cheap when compared with other retailers. so even with the delivery charge added on, they were still better value.

the 12 week delivery is only an estimate. ours came a lot earlier than the estimated delivery time.
Edited by: "mutley1" 26th Jun
Order it online it's 69 quid so you've saved a quid
41217490-Zzrx1.jpg
DFS. You get what you pay for. The delivery will probably be the better part of your purchase
choccie3226/06/2020 18:40

DFS. You get what you pay for. The delivery will probably be the better …DFS. You get what you pay for. The delivery will probably be the better part of your purchase

If you struggle to get up from a sofa, it's not the sofa you need I'm afraid

If you want to be pedantic the 2 seater is 319 so with delivery the real price is 388.
mtsk26/06/2020 18:42

If you struggle to get up from a sofa, it's not the sofa you need I'm …If you struggle to get up from a sofa, it's not the sofa you need I'm afraid

Disability sucks, thanks for rubbing it in.
mutley126/06/2020 18:36

OP - we bought sofas from DFS just over a year ago and the delivery … OP - we bought sofas from DFS just over a year ago and the delivery charge was pretty steep like you say. but we liked the sofa and they were pretty cheap when compared with other retailers. so even with the delivery charge added on, they were still better value.the 12 week delivery is only an estimate. ours came a lot earlier than the estimated delivery time.

Yeah, maybe... Just seems like a scam when IKEA want 15 quid. Unfortunately IKEA seem to have deleted most of their models from their web site, COVID I guess.
Seems quite an obvious marketing ploy to allow them to advertise lower prices knowing they will sting you on the delivery.
Yep paid 1350 for three seater and a two seater chair in feb, and they wouldn't budge on del price. They said 12 wks but came in bout 2 weeks
Would be a shame if your sofa had a mark on it, you had to call customer service and get delivery fee refunded 🤫
Reiko926/06/2020 18:51

Yeah, maybe... Just seems like a scam when IKEA want 15 quid. …Yeah, maybe... Just seems like a scam when IKEA want 15 quid. Unfortunately IKEA seem to have deleted most of their models from their web site, COVID I guess.

we looked everywhere for the sofas. it was so tiring looking in all the places as sofas are not exactly exciting purchases! we had seen the sofas a few months before we needed them but we thought before we buy them from DFS, we would look at all the sofa shops around to make sure there were no other sofa that may be better and also to compare prices.

we did have a look at ikea but their sofas were not as comfortable and the price was slightly more. however they were reasonable unlike some of the other retailers where the sort of sofa we wanted were silly prices.
Most of the sofas out there seem to be form over function. I agree about IKEA too, I had one before and it was okay but not great and none of theirs seem all that comfortable.

Mujido a really good looking one and I don't mind paying a bit more for it because their stuff is good, but I don't think there is anywhere near to try it.
Also just done some sofa shopping - we were undecided between dfs and sofology. Similar sofa in each but dfs wanted 69 for delivery and sofology was included. Dfs sales person didn’t seem interested in wanting our order even though we were paying cash and not using their interest free credit option (thought they might knock off delivery charge For that).
In the end we went with sofology and also found out they offer 15% off for NHS which was another 150 saving

DFS. You get what you pay for. The delivery will probably be the better …DFS. You get what you pay for. The delivery will probably be the better part of your purchase

We got our sofas from DFS.

The sales manager was as sweet as honey. We walked in with no real intention of buying that day. We walked out after having ordered two sofas. (We were only going to get one).

We had some post purchase issues (not related to the sofas themselves) and their after sales service was absolutely shocking. Really bad. They lie so much. Their assistants and managers are all as bad as each other. No professionalism at all.

But nearly 3 years on I'm really pleased with the sofas. No issues at all.

370 is closer to 400 than to 300. Op just rounded up to the nearest 100 which is fair enough.
Waiting on a repair on a two month old £1800 two seater and a £360 foot stool

Not happy

Nothing wrong with dfs sofas I've had a couple in the past and have lasted years. The only reason we have bought another is because it is sightly outdated and fancied a change. Quality wise they're superb. Yes you can go buy an IKEA sofa or a next sofa but don't expect it to be half as comfy
MonkeyMan9027/06/2020 00:01

Nothing wrong with dfs sofas I've had a couple in the past and have lasted …Nothing wrong with dfs sofas I've had a couple in the past and have lasted years. The only reason we have bought another is because it is sightly outdated and fancied a change. Quality wise they're superb. Yes you can go buy an IKEA sofa or a next sofa but don't expect it to be half as comfy

Quality wise is questionable. My sister’s current sofas barely get used and are less than a year old and are terrible. I’ve had sofas from there that were not made properly in the first place and took forever to be resolved- in fact I had to get new ones once they’d fixed the original issue as everything else then had gone wrong. Several friends, all with varying issues. I guess some people have just have different levels of what they expect or are satisfied with.
choccie3227/06/2020 00:08

Quality wise is questionable. My sister’s current sofas barely get used a …Quality wise is questionable. My sister’s current sofas barely get used and are less than a year old and are terrible. I’ve had sofas from there that were not made properly in the first place and took forever to be resolved- in fact I had to get new ones once they’d fixed the original issue as everything else then had gone wrong. Several friends, all with varying issues. I guess some people have just have different levels of what they expect or are satisfied with.

It may depend on what you buy I generally buy top range rather than the cheaper ones. Like I say I've had 2 sofas in the past from them both lasted approx 8 years and were still going strong we just fancied a change.
georgeb26/06/2020 23:06

Also just done some sofa shopping - we were undecided between dfs and …Also just done some sofa shopping - we were undecided between dfs and sofology. Similar sofa in each but dfs wanted 69 for delivery and sofology was included. Dfs sales person didn’t seem interested in wanting our order even though we were paying cash and not using their interest free credit option (thought they might knock off delivery charge For that). In the end we went with sofology and also found out they offer 15% off for NHS which was another 150 saving

Guess who owns Sofology?
Op, when we bought our sofas we really weren't sure about going ahead with it. Only because it's a big decision. So after quite a bit of indecisiveness and to and fro should we should we not, the manager who was dealing with us said 'ok, you buy the sofa today and I'll take care of the cost of delivery'.

Bearing in mind at that time we had only decided on buying the one, he was willing to waive the delivery fee. And he did.

So it is something they can and will do.
georgeb26/06/2020 23:06

Also just done some sofa shopping - we were undecided between dfs and …Also just done some sofa shopping - we were undecided between dfs and sofology. Similar sofa in each but dfs wanted 69 for delivery and sofology was included. Dfs sales person didn’t seem interested in wanting our order even though we were paying cash and not using their interest free credit option (thought they might knock off delivery charge For that). In the end we went with sofology and also found out they offer 15% off for NHS which was another 150 saving

Had a look around DFS, SCS & Sofology + a few others online, going around in person this weekend. (have to sit on them before I decide)
Big Thanks @georgeb for mentioning the NHS 15% discount - its not mentioned on the website so I had no clue they did a discount.
Took me 12 months of battling with dfs to get my refund after 3 repairs to a £4k new suite.
They offered full refund if they could pick up next day or choose another suite, I shocked them when I agreed as obviously they were expecting me to back down as I would have no suite in the house.
Legally they had to refund anyway, they were just being awkward about pick up.
Just factor in the cost of the delivery into the sofa, is it then cheaper than equivalent elsewhere with del? If so then great, if not then go elsewhere. Simple maths really....
MonkeyMan9027/06/2020 00:10

It may depend on what you buy I generally buy top range rather than the …It may depend on what you buy I generally buy top range rather than the cheaper ones. Like I say I've had 2 sofas in the past from them both lasted approx 8 years and were still going strong we just fancied a change.

Our leather DFS sofas were bought in summer of 2006 (nearly 14 years old). I think they were one of the dearer ones as a 3 seater and 2 single seaters cost c£2.5k

All the stitching is still intact and they are still holding their shape.
They have not gone saggy like some leather sofas do, but over the last year the leather is showing up scratches in places (which could be down to the zip on new cushons).
Edited by: "ran123ran" 30th Jun
deleted11933
A sofa is being made in China and shipped to your door for just £69 delivery . How is that not a bargain? You pay about £60 for just a few kilos usually
It would feel less like a rip off of they made that clear up front.

It's like the old 10 quid flights they banned.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants