Dfs - sofa reduce before delivery, anything I can do?

Found 13th Dec 2017
Hi

i ordered 2 sofas from DFS in October, the sofa still hasn’t been delivered .

ive just looked online and seen that the price has been reduced by £170 each.....

Would I have any way to renegotiate with DFS for the reduction to be knocked off the price, I’ve only paid a £200 reservation fee.

if anyone managed to do anything like this before with DFS, can you recommend who to speak to?

many thanks

dan
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
vanessaanne2 h, 52 m ago

Sorry I meant credit card. My spelling has been terrible I had a Stroke …Sorry I meant credit card. My spelling has been terrible I had a Stroke three weeks ago and I just don’t seems to see my spelling mistakes unless someone points it out. I hope I never made any more mistakes ahhhh so annoying sorry again

Your spelling is great just some people being picky or thinking it's banter. To be fair its better than most users of this site and thing's aren't helped when your phone decides to autocorrect into something totally different for you.
Hope you have a great recovery and no more strokes take care.
Great news (for me anyway) DFS have agreed to honour the new lower price, and reduced the outstanding balance I have
28 Comments
Yes, give them a ring, worth a go, and good luck xx
I reckon they will keep your reservation fee if u try to cancel and reorder

After all I doubt people go back to query when the price goes up after they order
Usually these places have a price match, I would call and chance your arm.
Definitely give it a go
I went into to DFS and bought a two electric leather recliners. They were £1000 for 2 and I said I’ll give you £500 and they said yes. I know it’s not the same thing as I bought in store and took away the next day. But give it a go. How did you pay if by Cedric card you might get your money back somehow
You're not telling me dfs are having a sale are you? That's a first!
32730601-TSFCu.jpgI bought a sofa from harveys, next day it was reduced in a 4 day sale. A manager authorised the refund of £118. Customer service sent me an attachment of the terms and conditions which ive circled. Harveys dont price match againsed thier own previous prices. Im guessing dfs dont either. Check their pricematchingterms and conditions.
I placed an order with DFS a few weeks back the price of the Sofas were reduced recently.

I had bought them on finance, I rang the store and they told me I needed to re-apply for the finance agreement in the reduced price.

Finance went through at the reduced price.

Call the store and I'm confident that they will assist you.
Definite F'in Sale
vanessaanne5 h, 42 m ago

I went into to DFS and bought a two electric leather recliners. They were …I went into to DFS and bought a two electric leather recliners. They were £1000 for 2 and I said I’ll give you £500 and they said yes. I know it’s not the same thing as I bought in store and took away the next day. But give it a go. How did you pay if by Cedric card you might get your money back somehow

Pretty sure she said she paid for it, not Cedric. If he's in the habit of buying people sofas though, I need to strike up a friendship with him.
miikeyblue14th Dec 2017

Pretty sure she said she paid for it, not Cedric. If he's in the habit of …Pretty sure she said she paid for it, not Cedric. If he's in the habit of buying people sofas though, I need to strike up a friendship with him.

Sorry I meant credit card. My spelling has been terrible I had a Stroke three weeks ago and I just don’t seems to see my spelling mistakes unless someone points it out. I hope I never made any more mistakes ahhhh so annoying sorry again
I recently bought sofas from there and the salesman told me to keep an eye on the price as if it drops before delivery they'd match it.(on their own site).
vanessaanne2 h, 52 m ago

Sorry I meant credit card. My spelling has been terrible I had a Stroke …Sorry I meant credit card. My spelling has been terrible I had a Stroke three weeks ago and I just don’t seems to see my spelling mistakes unless someone points it out. I hope I never made any more mistakes ahhhh so annoying sorry again

Your spelling is great just some people being picky or thinking it's banter. To be fair its better than most users of this site and thing's aren't helped when your phone decides to autocorrect into something totally different for you.
Hope you have a great recovery and no more strokes take care.
If you don't get any satisfaction from a manager instore I have a contact name and number for someon at dfs customer services who should be able to help you. If you want their details pm me
Like my muma always says u don’t know till u ask, u have nothing to loose & hope u have a speed recovery. Merry Christmas.
Toptrumpet3 h, 1 m ago

If you don't get any satisfaction from a manager instore I have a contact …If you don't get any satisfaction from a manager instore I have a contact name and number for someon at dfs customer services who should be able to help you. If you want their details pm me

I purchased on the phone so don’t have a store manager I can speak to. So would appreciate any details you have. Thanks Dan
Pm sent (sorry for delay but popped out to post Xmas cards)
adhkarzf4 h, 46 m ago

Your spelling is great just some people being picky or thinking it's …Your spelling is great just some people being picky or thinking it's banter. To be fair its better than most users of this site and thing's aren't helped when your phone decides to autocorrect into something totally different for you.Hope you have a great recovery and no more strokes take care.

Yea I was only playing... Now I feel awful!
vanessaanne7 h, 40 m ago

Hey, I'm sorry - your typo just tickled me, I wasn't meaning to pick at you, just making light of it! All the best with your recovery!
Toptrumpet1 h, 36 m ago

Pm sent (sorry for delay but popped out to post Xmas cards)

Top bloke many thanks !
miikeyblue14th Dec 2017

Hey, I'm sorry - your typo just tickled me, I wasn't meaning to pick at …Hey, I'm sorry - your typo just tickled me, I wasn't meaning to pick at you, just making light of it! All the best with your recovery!

Merry Christmas and have a fantastic new year x
vanessaanne2 m ago

Merry Christmas and have a fantastic new year x

And to you!
adhkarzf5 h, 36 m ago

Your spelling is great just some people being picky or thinking it's …Your spelling is great just some people being picky or thinking it's banter. To be fair its better than most users of this site and thing's aren't helped when your phone decides to autocorrect into something totally different for you.Hope you have a great recovery and no more strokes take care.

I hope no more stokes as well but I’m high risk they said I have a rare genetic condition called Marfan’s Syndrome. So my main artery in my neck just split open and can do at any time again. I glad I can still write and use my hands. Thank you for your kind words they mean allot have a merry Christmas and a happy healthy new year xxx
vanessaanne57 m ago

I hope no more stokes as well but I’m high risk they said I have a rare g …I hope no more stokes as well but I’m high risk they said I have a rare genetic condition called Marfan’s Syndrome. So my main artery in my neck just split open and can do at any time again. I glad I can still write and use my hands. Thank you for your kind words they mean allot have a merry Christmas and a happy healthy new year xxx

Oh dear that sounds terrible I sincerely hope you don't have anymore strokes horrible after effects you really are lucky though that you can still do what you can hope it stays that way for you. Glass is half full and all that
Enjoy your holidays
miikeyblue14th Dec 2017

Yea I was only playing... Now I feel awful!

Meh... at least you apologised and to be fair your initial comment wasn't mean unlike some users of this site. I suffer from foot in mouth syndrome unfortunately mine tends to be face to face so no where to run off and hide
adhkarzf45 m ago

Meh... at least you apologised and to be fair your initial comment wasn't …Meh... at least you apologised and to be fair your initial comment wasn't mean unlike some users of this site. I suffer from foot in mouth syndrome unfortunately mine tends to be face to face so no where to run off and hide

Don’t feel awful you didn’t do anything horrible you didn’t do anything wrong it just looks like a autocorrect mistake it not as bad as I did the other day I put down “I would give that head” instead of “I would give that heat” now that made me giggle when someone asked me about my dedication to a good deal. There is no problem some people on this site are horrible your not xxx
Great news (for me anyway) DFS have agreed to honour the new lower price, and reduced the outstanding balance I have
borat123419 h, 17 m ago

Great news (for me anyway) DFS have agreed to honour the new lower price, …Great news (for me anyway) DFS have agreed to honour the new lower price, and reduced the outstanding balance I have

Fantastic it is good to know it. X
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants