DFS sofa seat upgrade

Found 4th Mar 2017
I've just had my new corner sofa (Samson) delivered from DFS. I had to wait around 8 weeks for it to be made up, etc. When I was in the showroom I was shown the difference between the fibre and the foam upgrade seats (sat on them to test them out). After deciding (and reading reviews) that I didn't want to keep plumping up fibre seats every day, I paid out £150 extra for the seat upgrade (made up in foam). However, now the sofa is here, I sat on it for a couple of hours last night, and to be honest, the seats feel really hard (no give at all). I don't remember the ones in the sofa shop feeling as hard. Has anybody else had the foam seat upgrade and have they found this as well? I'm wondering perhaps if they don't use the same quality foam upgrade (the same as used in the store) when they make the sofas up for you?
Community Updates
AskSofa
6 Comments
Perhaps the ones in store have lots of 'give' because of the number of times they have been sat on...?
I'd have thought the same.
Mine is 2y old. It's still soft'ish (down to personal pref) but can't remember difference between two. Fibre feels much harder tho.
Good choice on sponge
From what I see only fabric pulls a bit so doesn't stay in sqare shape now
Mermoo

Perhaps the ones in store have lots of 'give' because of the number of … Perhaps the ones in store have lots of 'give' because of the number of times they have been sat on...?

^^^^^^^^^^

What they said
When we bought ours from Harvey's we were told ours would be firmer than display sofa due to how many had sat on it
There are different types and quality of foam also; it may not be the same one but they should be able to tell you exactly. More info here homeguides.sfgate.com/typ…tml
I hope the one you have doesn't have the cheap zigzag springs and no support between these springs and the foam. What happens over time is that the foam is slowly pressed through these springs,like and egg slicer, and the seat sags.
if it's really annoying go into the shop and test it again I'd it's different maybe u can complain about it maybe u can get something Knocked off if they didn't tell u there would be a difference
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants