DFS sofas

Posted 12th Feb
I was under the impression that all DFS sofas were made in the UK. When the question is asked on Google the answer is yes all made in UK. Their website mentions UK places and makes you think it promotes British manufacturing ect ect ... So why is mine coming from China??? Seriously needs looking into. Trading standards and MD Mr Rob Austen. I'm on it!
Community Updates
Buying From Abroad

Groups

3 Comments
Don't see anything that they are miss-leading. Website states "many of our sofas are handmade in Britain", not all. Then on the product pages those that are, state "handcrafted in UK". Unless the one you bought actually says "handcrafted in UK" on the website and then isn't is the only reason a complaint could be upheld.
Product names mean nothing, is a Seat Ibiza car made in Ibiza? For example (random check) The Regent does state "handcrafted in UK", Barlow doesn't. French Connection, Zinc Express states "handcrafted in UK".
"Trading standards and MD Mr Rob Austen. I'm on it! "

Good for you. Let us know how you get on
Edited by: "tregs" 12th Feb
I ordered a sofa and chairs from DFS last wed, I checked the order tracking Monday and it said they just started to hand make it from scratch, and estimate del will be March 11, got a text today saying it's ready for del and ive just booked a slot for early next week! I wonder how much is "hand made"
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants