Posted 15th Dec 2022 (Posted 2 h, 11 m ago)
hi, need help to pick out a TV that has been written off by D&G under insurance.

they have offered numerous sets to which I have no clue which is the best to pick.

SAMSUNG UE75AU7100 LED TV Black Screen size 75 -free

HISENSE 75A6BGTUK LED TV Black Screen size 75 - £20 upgrade

LG 75UQ80006LB LED TV Black Screen size 75 - £20 upgrade

SONY KD75X81KU LED TV Black Screen size 75 -£20 upgrade

SAMSUNG QE75Q60B LED TV Black Screen size 75-£255 upgrade

SAMSUNG UE85AU7100 LED TV Black Screen size 85- £190 upgrade

*original set that's written off was Samsung UE70TU7020*

TV is used for just front room watching, terrestrial TV, Netflix, movies, prime. No gaming consoles used at present

Thanks

any TV gurus willing to help me
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

13 Comments

sorted by
  1. Avatar
    Author
    SAMSUNG UE75AU7100 LED TV Black Screen size 75 -free

HISENSE 75A6BGTUK LED TV Black Screen size 75 - £20 upgrade

LG 75UQ80006LB LED TV Black Screen size 75 - £20 upgrade

SONY KD75X81KU LED TV Black Screen size 75 -£20 upgrade

SAMSUNG QE75Q60B LED TV Black Screen size 75-£255 upgrade

SAMSUNG UE85AU7100 LED TV Black Screen size 85- £190 upgrade

TV is used for just front room watching, terrestrial TV, Netflix, movies, prime. No gaming consoles used at present

Thanks
    Absolutely avoid the Samsung Q60 It’s plagued with software bugs and motion judder despite being pretty good on paper.

Sony X81K is the only one I would really entertain there. It’s a pretty basic model in Sony’s lineup but is still going to look good. I’d say it’s worth it for the sake of £20 vs a free Samsung AU7100.

Hisense can just be disregarded straight away honestly. It’s a very basic model and Hisense quality control leaves a lot to be desired.

LG is decent but again nothing special. And when the same price as a Sony it’s them two head to head. For me personally the Sony wins based on motion handling alone.
  2. Avatar
    You might think about adding a little more info
    Author
    Ok stand by
  3. Avatar
    If you post the list of models that have been offered, what you had that’s broken, and what you mostly use it for, sure.
  4. Avatar
    I dont really know enough to help on this. Alot probably depends on what you want to watch.
  5. Avatar
    Do we guess at which sets you've been offered lol
    Author
    Incoming
Top Merchants