DHGate Xiaomi POCOPHONE F1 scam?

Posted 29th Oct
I bought the Global Version Xiaomi POCOPHONE F1 6GB 128GB yesterday from DHgate following a HUKD post last night and I'm worried it was a scam.

Both the HUKD post and the DHgate link have been deleted and I've just noticed the seller (xiaomi_store) looks a bit dodgy...

Did anyone buy this phone last night?
Community Updates
Buying From Abroad

Groups

15 Comments
DHGate is infamous for fake goods, I would not buy from there.
I did nearly buy it and it looks dodgy now - seller had low feedback and does not look promising.

The deal should have been taken off beforehand by the Mods
Edited by: "merb0786" 29th Oct
Google shows they are a Chinese business. How did you pay? If you are concerned probably best to start looking into stopping/retrieving the payment.
Paid with debit card... I've contacted DHgate to see what they say.

The deal went hot, close to 1000 votes. Surely more people took the bait.
fandango10029/10/2019 10:20

Paid with debit card... I've contacted DHgate to see what they say.The …Paid with debit card... I've contacted DHgate to see what they say.The deal went hot, close to 1000 votes. Surely more people took the bait.

@magicjay1986 or @hotukdeals_team may be able to explain why it was removed. Personally, this is why I think threads should be kept live for members who bought the deal to discuss (links can be removed and warning placed if anything goes wrong).
jamie1529/10/2019 09:22

DHGate is infamous for fake goods, I would not buy from there.

Yeah, DHGate everything is fake. Which is okay for things like relatively cheap things like sports jerseys, but I'd never purchase expensive electronics from there.
spruceyb29/10/2019 11:58

Yeah, DHGate everything is fake. Which is okay for things like relatively …Yeah, DHGate everything is fake. Which is okay for things like relatively cheap things like sports jerseys, but I'd never purchase expensive electronics from there.

I'd only go to DHGate for 'expensive' electronics AKA clone phones.
Hey guys - looking at this now so i'll reply as soon as I can.
Looks like this was removed because the marketplace seller did not meet minimum listing criteria. We look for at least 300 reviews from 12 months with a score of not less than 95%. As for DHGate, they are a marketplace site like AliExpress etc.

As the link isn't available, can someone help me out with the marketplace store page from DHGate that was selling this item?
Hi @magicjay1986,

The store name is xiaomi_store , here's a screenshot I took while the link was available:

4785536091572357251.jpg

This seller has 0 reviews (can't believe I didn't check this before purchasing!)

Last night they had more products available, which have also been removed from DHgate.
fandango10029/10/2019 14:34

Hi @magicjay1986,The store name is xiaomi_store , here's a screenshot I …Hi @magicjay1986,The store name is xiaomi_store , here's a screenshot I took while the link was available:[Image] This seller has 0 reviews (can't believe I didn't check this before purchasing!)Last night they had more products available, which have also been removed from DHgate.

Is there any significance to the upper case "X" at the start of the strore name in your secreen shot, rather than a possibly lower case alternative?
Possibly unrelated, but the lower case version of that name seems to be having storefront issues on the UK version of DHG rather than the foreign lanuguage versions such as ES, PT, etc:
lower case x:
Spain es.dhgate.com/who…80a archived at web.archive.org/web…80a
UK uk.dhgate.com/who…80a archived at web.archive.org/web…80a
AndyRoyd29/10/2019 15:38

Is there any significance to the upper case "X" at the start of the strore …Is there any significance to the upper case "X" at the start of the strore name in your secreen shot, rather than a possibly lower case alternative?

You may be right, I didn't notice the upper case 'X' on mine.
fandango10029/10/2019 17:03

You may be right, I didn't notice the upper case 'X' on mine.

It may not matter, unless the upper case version store URL does not terminate at the same lower case version store (store number 21359574 and ref ff8080816cbd9bf5016cc885ac56380a) but I think they both terminate at same, including the non-functional UK prefix and the functioning but no subsequent stock ES prefix (and other lang prefix) pages.
The latter part of that sentence may be confusing, so to expand:
if you visit the ES lang "xiaomi_store" store at es.dhgate.com/who…80a, many products are listed but when accessing any particular product there is no product page (404 page is served).
Same with the PT lang store at pt.dhgate.com/who…80a and other lang stores,
but not the equivalent UK lang store that just appears to be dead uk.dhgate.com/who…80a
Edited by: "AndyRoyd" 29th Oct
Thanks for your help mate, I've just received a response from DHgate and they say I'll get a refund. According to them the price was wrong due to a 'system upgrade':

Dear Customers,

This is DHgate Customer Service Center.

We are wring to inform you that due to system upgarde, the product's price of your order is wrong. In order to protect your payment safety, the order xxxxx have been operated the refund.

If you have any problem about that, please feel free to contact our on-line customer service.

Thanks,

DHgate Customer Service Center

Thanks for the help here guys. I went via the Spanis store but wasn't able to locate the listings for the UK.

As I said above, we removed it on the basis that the seller did not meet minimum listing criteria as opposed to us being concerned for any other reason
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants