Groups

Diamond Ring help ?

Hello again

I'm deciding whether to upgrade the misses ring to a better diamond (obviously at a price), while it is back with the company (I wasn't happy with the diamond & how loose it was).

They say they can upgrade the diamond to a GH colour & VS Clarity - set in a platinum ring.

How much would a Platinum diamond solitaire ring of the above description cost over here (just wondering if it's worth the extra on top of what I paid for it).

Cheers

10 Comments

I misread your post first time through - I though you said "I'm deciding whether to upgrade the misses to a better diamond" - Go for it!!! lol

Seriously, though, I would ask at a jewellers - prices vary so much depending on the quality of the metal, the diamond, the craftmanship etc. Unless you can find a similar ring you'd only get at best a very rough approximation.

Original Poster

I've decided to go for it.

An extra £500, but it would make it a £3.5k ring according to their website (thats in India too), so it must be worth even more over here.

Cheers

Banned

i dont wish to appear rude but if you werent happy with the ring how come your now gonna pay another £500 to the same company that sold you the ring that you thought was pretty poor to begin with:?

Original Poster

The diamond itself was not secure in the ring housing, so as we were looking more closely at the diamond itself, we noticed 2 black marks within in (the diamond was SI2 clarity).

The misses still loved it, but I didn't want any inclusions in the ring, so have decided to upgrade it to a VS clarity for £500.

The ring itself is gorgeous, so I'm happy with the Platinum ring. If I upgrade the diamond, they will put the new one in a new ring (securely this time lol), and ship it over. So it means we get a flawless diamond in a ring that she likes.

Sorted

Banned

your misses is a lucky lady, i absolutely love the tension set solitaire rings but was advised never to get one due to how insecure the stone is :-(

Original Poster

Once it's all been sorted, I'll post up a pic.

I want to get it to a UK jeweler when I get it back to make sure it is secure properly, and get a UK valuation for insurance. Thanks for all your input

Banned

ChrisUK;1643792

Once it's all been sorted, I'll post up a pic.I want to get it to a UK … Once it's all been sorted, I'll post up a pic.I want to get it to a UK jeweler when I get it back to make sure it is secure properly, and get a UK valuation for insurance. Thanks for all your input

oh great, it would be nice to see what i miss out on by not having a bloke, apart from smelly their smelly socks, their snoring etc,etc;-)

Original Poster

lol, get HKUD to hook you up :P

You just need a pic up.....

Banned

ChrisUK;1644344

lol, get HKUD to hook you up :PYou just need a pic up.....

well i think i have had a fair few offers on hukd, but when they say they want me outside i dont think its quite in the way i took it - lol
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767463
      2. One thing you've forgotten56
      3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424814504
      4. One for the mathmaticians2847

See more discussions