Diane Abbot... speaks sense for once.

Found 5th Feb
shock... she actually spoke some sense today...

"Intimidating an MP to be made a crime (link: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/intimidating-an-mp-to-be-made-a-crime-6dmgsq3gf) thetimes.co.uk/article/intimi…" Unclear why MPs should have special rights. Just needs prosecution of *all* serious threats & intimidation.
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
deleted265520
The obsession/perversion with Dianne Abbott is alarmingly strong in the OP.
71 Comments
Banned
Shame being totally incompetent isn't a criminal offence

Shame being one of Corbyn's fluffers from the 1980's isn't a criminal offence
Is there an alternative link that doesn't need a signup, or can you share the main text?
Bestard2 h, 29 m ago

Is there an alternative link that doesn't need a signup, or can you share …Is there an alternative link that doesn't need a signup, or can you share the main text?

twitter.com/Hac…385
This is getting ridiculous. Why doesn't Hukd start making tv programmes. A remake of Top gear is on the cards.
Graham as Jeremy Clarkson, Philphil as James May and mufc as little Richard Hammond. The money would be rolling in.
Banned
jimmy_the_fridge2 h, 6 m ago

This is getting ridiculous. Why doesn't Hukd start making tv programmes. A …This is getting ridiculous. Why doesn't Hukd start making tv programmes. A remake of Top gear is on the cards.Graham as Jeremy Clarkson, Philphil as James May and mufc as little Richard Hammond. The money would be rolling in.

Watch it you, that' a sexy idea!
deleted265520
The obsession/perversion with Dianne Abbott is alarmingly strong in the OP.
Graham197915 h, 40 m ago

Shame being totally incompetent isn't a criminal offenceShame being one of …Shame being totally incompetent isn't a criminal offenceShame being one of Corbyn's fluffers from the 1980's isn't a criminal offence

she cocked up a numbers gotcha whilst on a diabetic come-down.

really not a big deal, and wouldn't be focused on were she a man: the gotcha would never even have happened.

The type of rascist and sexist abuse she gets like this, from tiny men like Graham is disgusting.

This is the same 39 year old graham who decries 'millenials' for being soft, despite being 3 years off being one.
The Tories are sensing that public opinion is turning against them, and the cultural hegemony we've had since the late seventies/early eighties, and are terrified.

The most abused MP is Diane Abbott, by a very large margin, and hass been for a while.

It's only when legitimate protest starts to directly effect them that they start making hollow, empty noises about new laws to protect free speech.

I thought it was the snowflake millenials that couldn't handle a robust challenge?
Original Poster
lastjunkie14 m ago

The Tories are sensing that public opinion is turning against them, and …The Tories are sensing that public opinion is turning against them, and the cultural hegemony we've had since the late seventies/early eighties, and are terrified.The most abused MP is Diane Abbott, by a very large margin, and hass been for a while.It's only when legitimate protest starts to directly effect them that they start making hollow, empty noises about new laws to protect free speech.I thought it was the snowflake millenials that couldn't handle a robust challenge?

Weren't Labour in charge then during the 90's - did you conveniently miss that out of your rant about UK culture? What's culture got to do with MP abuse anyway - please explain.
Edited by: "davewave" 6th Feb
New Labour were a neoliberal party, which continued the corporatisation of British life, and the sell off of British public assets (water, PFI, etc)

The level of trust in elected officials has plummeted in the last few decades: that is a cultural change.
It's been supported by a predominately right-wing press, which is seeking to divide the populace, and further enrich their owners.
lastjunkie21 m ago

..... The most abused MP is Diane Abbott, by a very large margin, and hass …..... The most abused MP is Diane Abbott, by a very large margin, and hass been for a while.....

It is unfortunate that Diane's continual incompetence attracts such ire. If it helps to provide balance in relation to any gender or race undertones, Richard Burgon and Emily Thornberry are equally incompetent, and unfit for government.
Saturn7 m ago

It is unfortunate that Diane's continual incompetence attracts such ire. …It is unfortunate that Diane's continual incompetence attracts such ire. If it helps to provide balance in relation to any gender or race undertones, Richard Burgon and Emily Thornberry are equally incompetent, and unfit for government.

can you provide evidence of this incompetence?

I assume you're equally annoyed by Grayling lying in Parliament yesterday with regards to the East coast contract?
Or as mentioned above, the Tories announcing a review into MPs abuse, whiclt not using the current legislation?
Or amber Rudd following on from May as Home Sec and losing legal challenges?

what about the loss of the AAA rating? the continued new contracts to Carillion, prior to it's collapse?

not having numbers to hand is the least of the issues facing politicians: you do know they get briefed, and don't actually need to retain a raft number in their heads?

these are just facile gotcha points made by useless journalsists unable, or unwilling to go for anything other than an easy win.
lastjunkie2 m ago

can you provide evidence of this incompetence?I assume you're equally …can you provide evidence of this incompetence?I assume you're equally annoyed by Grayling lying in Parliament yesterday with regards to the East coast contract?Or as mentioned above, the Tories announcing a review into MPs abuse, whiclt not using the current legislation?Or amber Rudd following on from May as Home Sec and losing legal challenges?what about the loss of the AAA rating? the continued new contracts to Carillion, prior to it's collapse?not having numbers to hand is the least of the issues facing politicians: you do know they get briefed, and don't actually need to retain a raft number in their heads?these are just facile gotcha points made by useless journalsists unable, or unwilling to go for anything other than an easy win.

liberty-human-rights.org.uk/new…hts
Original Poster
lastjunkie15 m ago

New Labour were a neoliberal party, which continued the corporatisation of …New Labour were a neoliberal party, which continued the corporatisation of British life, and the sell off of British public assets (water, PFI, etc)The level of trust in elected officials has plummeted in the last few decades: that is a cultural change.It's been supported by a predominately right-wing press, which is seeking to divide the populace, and further enrich their owners.

Are the right wing press too popular then? Perhaps the left can ban or nationalize news if they get in - that was popular in Soviet Union?
lastjunkie40 m ago

she cocked up a numbers gotcha whilst on a diabetic come-down.really not a …she cocked up a numbers gotcha whilst on a diabetic come-down.really not a big deal, and wouldn't be focused on were she a man: the gotcha would never even have happened.The type of rascist and sexist abuse she gets like this, from tiny men like Graham is disgusting.This is the same 39 year old graham who decries 'millenials' for being soft, despite being 3 years off being one.

Graham is a Poe. Just laugh at his posts and move on like everyone else.
lastjunkie12 m ago

can you provide evidence of this incompetence?I assume you're equally …can you provide evidence of this incompetence?I assume you're equally annoyed by Grayling lying in Parliament yesterday with regards to the East coast contract?Or as mentioned above, the Tories announcing a review into MPs abuse, whiclt not using the current legislation?Or amber Rudd following on from May as Home Sec and losing legal challenges?what about the loss of the AAA rating? the continued new contracts to Carillion, prior to it's collapse?not having numbers to hand is the least of the issues facing politicians: you do know they get briefed, and don't actually need to retain a raft number in their heads?these are just facile gotcha points made by useless journalsists unable, or unwilling to go for anything other than an easy win.

If we were to run through a charge sheet for the incompetence displayed by each and every UK politician, I think we would both become bored before too long. As the thread is specifically about Diane Abbott, I think it is fair to say that she has been undeniably vague, some may say clueless, in almost every interview conducted in the last 10 years. Along with her unusual regard for her own arrogance, I believe that she is completely unsuitable for such a critical position as Home Secretary. You can disagree, that is fine.
Edited by: "shadey12" 6th Feb
lastjunkie15 m ago

Whataboutism....

Defending useless MPs like Burgon and Abbott by pointing towards equally useless ministers like Grayling.

What we need is a calibre of MP like Blair who understood that for labour to be electable they need to play to middle class aspiration and not look to sink us all into economic oblivion as Corbyn and McDonnell would.

But I agree that Abbott's ineptitude is magnified by individuals' racism and misogyny
davewave9 m ago

Are the right wing press too popular then? Perhaps the left can ban or …Are the right wing press too popular then? Perhaps the left can ban or nationalize news if they get in - that was popular in Soviet Union?

nice - make up a point i never made, and argue with that.

The sales of almost all papers are dwindling: people are losing trust and interest in them due to their overall uselessness.
No need to ban them, they just need to be regulated, as David Cameron originally promised to do, before hoping that Leveson stage 2 would be forgotten.
Saturn4 m ago

If we were to run through a charge sheet for the incompetence displayed by …If we were to run through a charge sheet for the incompetence displayed by each and every UK politician, I think we would both become bored before too long. As the thread is specifically about Diane Abbott, I think it is fair to say that she has been undeniably vague, some may say clueless, in almost every interview conducted in the last 10 years. Along with her unusual regard for her own arrogance, I believe that she is completely unsuitable for such a critical position as Home Secretary. You can disagree, that is fine.

give me one example other than the Nick Ferrari interview: the internet will be full of them if that's the case.
lastjunkie5 m ago

give me one example other than the Nick Ferrari interview: the internet …give me one example other than the Nick Ferrari interview: the internet will be full of them if that's the case.

Have a look at the video above, and then come back to me. Defending the indefensible can be honourable, or entertaining at least.
Original Poster
lastjunkie20 m ago

nice - make up a point i never made, and argue with that.The sales of …nice - make up a point i never made, and argue with that.The sales of almost all papers are dwindling: people are losing trust and interest in them due to their overall uselessness.No need to ban them, they just need to be regulated, as David Cameron originally promised to do, before hoping that Leveson stage 2 would be forgotten.

freedom of the press is defended by Guardian and Daily Mail alike.
Saturn46 m ago

Have a look at the video above, and then come back to me. Defending the …Have a look at the video above, and then come back to me. Defending the indefensible can be honourable, or entertaining at least.

I don't think you, or shadey12 have watched it, have you? It doesn't show much incompetence, other than your own in referring to something you haven't watched.

I don't support her hypocritical use of private schools, but the rest of the 'examples' are statements made by her: you can argue the point of each comment, but hardly the sign of incompetence.

also, the video come from some mad account that has vids singing the praises of May, and comparing her to Thatcher.
davewave35 m ago

freedom of the press is defended by Guardian and Daily Mail alike.

where have i said anything opposing that? another made up point to argue.

stick to what I've actually said, rather than going off on flights of fancy. press regulation is not limiting free press; it's holding them to account for the lies, untuths and distortions they publish. Not to mention the various illegal and seedy acts they've been invovled in over the years.
Original Poster
lastjunkie13 m ago

where have i said anything opposing that? another made up point to …where have i said anything opposing that? another made up point to argue.stick to what I've actually said, rather than going off on flights of fancy. press regulation is not limiting free press; it's holding them to account for the lies, untuths and distortions they publish. Not to mention the various illegal and seedy acts they've been invovled in over the years.

press regulation exists already - right wing left wing press exist and people read what they like.
Why are you attacking the press in this country? (to quote you in case you forgot what you wrote...a predominately right-wing press, which is seeking to divide the populace, and further enrich their owners.)
davewave2 m ago

Why are you attacking the press in this country? (to quote you in case you …Why are you attacking the press in this country? (to quote you in case you forgot what you wrote...a predominately right-wing press, which is seeking to divide the populace, and further enrich their owners.)

Milly Dowler
Edited by: "lastjunkie" 6th Feb
Original Poster
shadey121 h, 13 m ago

FAO @lastjunkie [Video]

stop picking on Diane, she is only the second most powerful Labour MP, she is only a hypocrite about education, she is only a clear racist, cmon give her a break - only the right wing can be hypocrites or racists - brilliant video which shows just the type of person Diane usually is.
Original Poster
lastjunkie1 m ago

Milly Dowler

You do realise that The Guardian attacked the legislation as much as The Times.
davewave3 m ago

stop picking on Diane, she is only the second most powerful Labour MP, she …stop picking on Diane, she is only the second most powerful Labour MP, she is only a hypocrite about education, she is only a clear racist, cmon give her a break - only the right wing can be hypocrites or racists - brilliant video which shows just the type of person Diane usually is.

"the type of person"? on the receiving end of Andrew "brillo" Neil's smug gotchas?

Politics is full of hypocrites; i wonder why it's the black woman on the left that receives 45% of all the abuse directed at female MPs on twitter/
davewave4 m ago

You do realise that The Guardian attacked the legislation as much as The …You do realise that The Guardian attacked the legislation as much as The Times.

So what, the guardian isn't great either. The press say the current regs work fine: that patently isn't true.
Original Poster
lastjunkie6 m ago

So what, the guardian isn't great either. The press say the current regs …So what, the guardian isn't great either. The press say the current regs work fine: that patently isn't true.

So what if you personally think newspapers arent regulated enough, where do you get your news from?
davewave4 m ago

So what if you personally think newspapers arent regulated enough, where …So what if you personally think newspapers arent regulated enough, where do you get your news from?

a variety of sites & papers.

stick to the point Dave, you meandering all over the place.

It's not a personal point of view; previous governments promised a 2 stage Leveson inquiry, and are now rowing back from that. That is far, far worse than anything Diane Abbott has done, or is likely to do.
lastjunkie58 m ago

I don't think you, or shadey12 have watched it, have you? It doesn't show …I don't think you, or shadey12 have watched it, have you? It doesn't show much incompetence, other than your own in referring to something you haven't watched.I don't support her hypocritical use of private schools, but the rest of the 'examples' are statements made by her: you can argue the point of each comment, but hardly the sign of incompetence.also, the video come from some mad account that has vids singing the praises of May, and comparing her to Thatcher.

Saturn1 h, 45 m ago

..... Defending the indefensible can be honourable, or entertaining at …..... Defending the indefensible can be honourable, or entertaining at least.

As I said, it can be entertaining. Putting semantics aside, I believe it is clear that Diane Abbott lacks the cerebral agility for one of the Great Offices of State. This is allied with an inability to cope with complex issues, and a lack of self-awareness to accept this.

I cannot conceive of even the most persuasive advocate convincing me that she is fit for high office, so I don't expect you to succeed.

lastjunkie1 h, 6 m ago

I don't think you, or shadey12 have watched it, have you? It doesn't show …I don't think you, or shadey12 have watched it, have you? It doesn't show much incompetence, other than your own in referring to something you haven't watched.I don't support her hypocritical use of private schools, but the rest of the 'examples' are statements made by her: you can argue the point of each comment, but hardly the sign of incompetence.also, the video come from some mad account that has vids singing the praises of May, and comparing her to Thatcher.

I watched it begining to end (I can't speak for anyone else) just to confirm it was a fair portrayal of her (it was) I specially chose a date previous to her showing her maths skills because you think she was competent before that. I did not check who posted it because it is not relevant. I even remember how most it made me cringe at the times she made all the gaffs, how hypocritical she seems and why anyone would ever vote for her.
let's go back to my original argument, shall we?

when was the last time amber rudd was questioned in such a fashion? or Theresa May before her?

it's ****** gotcha journalism.

as an example, the Tory home office have pledged to get immigration down to less than 100k in several manifestos: the number has gone up each time. They have never been challenged on those figures.

That is either incompetence or a wilful lie. yet 45% of all online abuse goes to Diane Abbott. what are the reasons for this?
Edited by moderator: "removed swear word" 6th Feb
shadey123 m ago

I watched it begining to end (I can't speak for anyone else) just to …I watched it begining to end (I can't speak for anyone else) just to confirm it was a fair portrayal of her (it was) I specially chose a date previous to her showing her maths skills because you think she was competent before that. I did not check who posted it because it is not relevant. I even remember how most it made me cringe at the times she made all the gaffs, how hypocritical she seems and why anyone would ever vote for her.

en.wikipedia.org/wik…cy)

14.3% swing, so her constituents believe she must be doing something right.
lastjunkie5 m ago

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hackney_North_and_Stoke_Newington_(UK_Parliament_constituency)14.3% swing, so her constituents believe she must be doing something right.

More fool them.
Your point is?
lastjunkie5 m ago

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hackney_North_and_Stoke_Newington_(UK_Parliament_constituency)14.3% swing, so her constituents believe she must be doing something right.

That's because very few misogynistic racists live in Hackney North and Stoke Newington.
RonChew6 m ago

That's because very few misogynistic racists live in Hackney North and …That's because very few misogynistic racists live in Hackney North and Stoke Newington.

33210647-WyEud.jpg
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions