Groups

Did anyone claim for the child tax credit lump sum back in Jan?

Right here goes...
    I applied for the above beg Jan and sent the completed forms with all required info but I am getting really frustrated with the child tax office as they don't answer emails and the 0845 child tax office tell me I have to speak to my local tax office yet I have tried contacting them for weeks but the phone just rings and rings. I have tried again today and still no answer. Has anyone had a response? not holding much hope for getting the money as they will most prob say we have already, we only get minimum amounts anyway as both working but a reply would be nice or if anyone has any local numbers for Llanishen or Newport office as all I can find it 0845 numbers.
    Rep given for any help

13 Comments

I sent off the forms in Jan, heard nothing until 4 weeks ago when a cheque arrived. Is there an email address?

Good luck with it tho

i'd already claimed it accoridng to my tax code

We got a reply about a month ago, but we were not entitled to it

Same here, we'd already had it. I think most people hace, just a few slipped the net

We'd already claimed it apparently - it was worth a try just in case tho. You'll just have to keep trying. Good luck

has anyone got a link to any info on this?
    Missed it back in Jan,

thanks.

I claimed it and got about £1100 back :-D

we applied the middle of Dec and the begining of Jan got our money

Jase its too late.. the closing date was the end of jan i think...

birdyboyuk;5197741

I claimed it and got about £1100 back :-D

same here. tbh i thought we would get a reply saying we weren't entitled so it was a welcomed suprise :-D

Gem_whl;5198128

same here. tbh i thought we would get a reply saying we weren't entitled … same here. tbh i thought we would get a reply saying we weren't entitled so it was a welcomed suprise :-D

Unfortunately, it all went on our wedding we are planning! :? :w00t: :lol:

Original Poster

well everyone seems to have heard apart from me, I hope i'm as lucky to rec it. Yes the deadline was Jan 09 to claim.

birdyboyuk;5198153

Unfortunately, it all went on our wedding we are planning! :? :w00t: :lol:

I have not long finished paying of my wedding and we got married in 2003!!! I'm being boring and saving it, just in case! My husband had plans on a bigger TV :-D

Good luck with the wedding :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Do you use a case on your iPhone?44
      2. Virgin Media TV56
      3. Tooth extraction99
      4. What's the most impressive 4k / UHD film you have seen at home?611

See more discussions