did anyone else buy xbox live through xboxliveuk.com?

31 replies
Found 25th Nov 2016
i think its a fraud website. entered all credit card details.. ffs.

31 Comments

OP said that they got the code instantly. Did you receive yours?

I reckon it is a fraud website.

Probably best to play it safe im sure game and another place were doing it for £24.99 earlier,

same...must be a fraud site. recieved order confirmation but no code. Cancelled card to be safe.

Original Poster

yeah just cancelled my card. the hot uk deal thread was closed as soon as i refreshed. Jumping too quick for these deals haha.

Original Poster

Jakirrr21

no code and money removed instantly. cancelled card just to be safe.

What were they selling? Amazon is doing 12m live for £24.99 if that helps anyine.

12 months xbox live for £21, thought it was to good to be true.

Edited by: "POWYSWALES" 25th Nov 2016

what a nightmare, you try to be smart to find deals early, only to get scammed

Deffo a scam I've just been on phone to my bank and they have stopped my card and I have to ring back after 8am to speak
to the fraud department also the email I got from xboxliveuk.com is from a Hotmail account.

Jakirrr21

​Who was the op I can't find it now

The website was set up on the 6th November 2016, has no contact number or details, just a contact us page. The 'Our Story' says they were set up in August 2015 and yet still says that their store is nearing completion so stay tuned and the only thing they sell is online codes!

And people thought this was genuine. oO

Scam Advisor Results.....

Title: Xbox Live UK
Type: Video Games

Domain Age: 17 Days
Website Speed: Average

Organisation: Domains By Proxy, LLC
Owner: Registration Private
Owner Address: DomainsByProxy.com,14747 N Northsight Blvd Suite 111, PMB 309
Owner City: Scottsdale
Owner Postcode: 85260
Phone Number: +1.4806242599 United States
Phone Type: geographic :Phoenix, AZ Qwest Corporation
Email: United States

Owner Country : Hidden Unknown
Website Location : United States United States

Probable website origin :-
88%; Unknown Unknown
12%; United States United States

Notes:-
Alert ResultThe owner of the website is using a service to hide their identity
Alert ResultThis website is 17 Days old
Alert ResultThe website expected life (364 days) is relatively short.
Alert ResultThe website appears to be less than six months old

Analysis Details:-
This webite is very new , and as such doesn't have an online reputation yet. As with all new businesses , we suggest that you take care and if necessary get in contact with the owners before placing an order of value.
This site is using an anonymous service - which prevents us from identifying the site owner. This can sometimes be just so that the owner does not receive spam, but be aware that many scam sites use this as a method to hide their identify. If this is an ecommerce site - we would suggest you confirm the business address with the website owners.

The website has been newly registered with a short life expectancy, which follows the pattern used by many fraudulent and fake selling websites. Please be vigilant and take extra care before providing any payment information.

Edited by: "TPGone" 25th Nov 2016

£22.50 if your a student through Amazon!

i did same had to cancel my credit card and change all my passwords looks like my microsoft account was used down london which wasnt me

Haven't received any code. Will I get refunded if I call my bank up . Always the same. I always make the wrong choice

Defo don't use they tried to take payment from my sons go Henry card for the sum of 670.00 was the first time he Ever used it online 2 days later they blocked he's card found out they had set up a PayPal account in there name at my address
Cancelled he's card and my card as I tried the day after
STAY AWAY FROM THEM AND LET EVERYONE KNOW

marsdenrob

​Who was the op I can't find it now

Caroline_1993 or something like that. Not sure why they lied and said they received theirs instantly. Seemed like a trustworthy member too.

Update on this: Just received another email from this company, they have just said my order is cancelled. Does not say if they have refunded? Can only assume?

Been to Natwest and the £20.99 has gone. Sent email to company enquiring about code email. Received two emails from company. One strangely says did I forget something? I have left something in the basket and to finish checking out. Other says 'cancellation of order' but no mention of refund. I don't know what they mean about something in basket. Perhaps they want me to go through the process again and send another £20.99. Gutted I didn't pay the extra £4 for xbox live on Amazon for £24.99. All this hassle to save £4! Would be interested to know what reply others get if they send email. Just don't send any more money!

Had the same 48 hours later of cancellation of order. Bank looking into it to see if I can get refund but cancelled card in meantime. Noticed email now changed from ncloaks20 to xboxlivecustomerservice.

had the same cancellation email too from [email protected]xboxliveuk.com. Apparently money was processed out of my account immediately. Mentioned refund chances on the off chance of a debit chargeback but my bank won't look at it until it's processed by the recipients bank next week. Not holding much hope but hey..you learn from your mistakes. would have def passed usually it wasn't for the black friday rush and mobile phone ease of autocomplete.

Hi guys
Just checked my bank account and they have taken the £20.99. Do you think there is a chance of getting a refund..?
I also recieved an email saying the order was cancelled but the payment has still been taken

Original Poster

Hi, like everyone else in this thread, the 20.99 was taken, got a "cancellation" email from a new [email protected] mail address. Satander said i would have to wait until i didnt receive the goods before requesting a chargeback on the account... glad it was only 20 odd quid.

Crazy how many people still use websites they've never heard of without so much as a check

Original Poster

As soon as i hit submit i knew my mistake, black friday madness and all that. Security left my brain for a moment.

seanie_323232

Hi, like everyone else in this thread, the 20.99 was taken, got a … Hi, like everyone else in this thread, the 20.99 was taken, got a "cancellation" email from a new [email protected] mail address. Satander said i would have to wait until i didnt receive the goods before requesting a chargeback on the account... glad it was only 20 odd quid.

​I called santander again today now it's showing on account and they've sent me the forms to fill out and attach email evidence. they apparently will refund once they get that back, then launch an investigation into company. only issue would be if the company justifies their actions and I'm in the wrong they'll deduct the money back. Can't see that happening.

Thanks for the info. I will contact santander 2moro

waited a week and received nothing, initially received a confirmation email . I purchased 2 as Xmas gifts for my son's . my bank says you have to wait 15 days to give Xboxliveuk.com chance to fulfill the order before visa will look at it. also cancelled bank card . just what you don't need right on top of Christmas. have also read that they operate under a few names catching lots of people out. my bank did give me a telephone number associated with the account that took the funds but they don't answer.

john1971b

waited a week and received nothing, initially received a confirmation … waited a week and received nothing, initially received a confirmation email . I purchased 2 as Xmas gifts for my son's . my bank says you have to wait 15 days to give Xboxliveuk.com chance to fulfill the order before visa will look at it. also cancelled bank card . just what you don't need right on top of Christmas. have also read that they operate under a few names catching lots of people out. my bank did give me a telephone number associated with the account that took the funds but they don't answer.

​did you receive the cancellation email as well? mine went to spam folder instead as it was sent from a different email address. That was enough for my bank. Cancellation...with no product...and no refund. Filled out the forms Santander sent me a few days ago with the email correspondence I received. They have refunded the charge today so although its a pain you should get it back.

benjammin316

Crazy how many people still use websites they've never heard of without … Crazy how many people still use websites they've never heard of without so much as a check

ikr, I'm actually shocked there are so many people on this thread. I guess scams work!

waited a week and received nothing, initially received a confirmation … waited a week and received nothing, initially received a confirmation email . I purchased 2 as Xmas gifts for my son's . my bank says you have to wait 15 days to give Xboxliveuk.com chance to fulfill the order before visa will look at it. also cancelled bank card . just what you don't need right on top of Christmas. have also read that they operate under a few names catching lots of people out. my bank did give me a telephone number associated with the account that took the funds but they don't answer.

Exactly the same happened to me buying for my two sons. The email I sent bounced back immediately as the account has now been reclaimed by GoDaddy!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Switch from BT to BT same property different person513
    2. How to remove bar at bottom of screen on ios 11.0.311
    3. Driving anxiety.3050
    4. Invisalign dental braces in London34

See more discussions