Groups

Did anyone else get a brown tube?

So - I arrived home today to find a tube in the entrance to our flats. Sadly - it had been emptied by one of our delighful scumbag neighbours as is usually the problem with anything that doesn't fit into the box.

It has a return postal address on it and nothing else to indicate who it was from or what it was.
    As I haven't ordered anything recently and a Google search of the address seems to indicate a Samsung promo, I guess it must be an offer I've applied for through here.

So - has anyone else received a brown cardboard tube with white caps either end from -
    MAH
    PO BOX 151
    LUDLOW SY8 9BE

32 Comments

If that happened to me I'd be leaving a brown tube of my own on their doorstep.

cannyscot

If that happened to me I'd be leaving a brown tube of my own on their … If that happened to me I'd be leaving a brown tube of my own on their doorstep.

Why stop there, through the letterbox is better.

Oh and on a more sensible note, have you considered using Royal Mail's Mail collect service. Mail is kept at the delivery office for you and you go to collect it. I use this service for the exact same problem as you have experienced.
    Edited by: "anewman" 26th Oct 2010

Have you entered any competitions?

cannyscot

If that happened to me I'd be leaving a brown tube of my own on their … If that happened to me I'd be leaving a brown tube of my own on their doorstep.

X) class! Still actually laughing out loud at that even when I've went back to doing some work.

Complain to RM also. Shouldn't leave items out in clear sight.

Original Poster

If I knew which neighbour it was - I'd be tempted to do something. But as there are 24 flats in our place and another 24 in the same complex that could access the entry, it's unlikely I'll ever find out.

As for Mail collect service, hadn't considered it before - but might do now. We have one hell of a time collecting missed recorded deliveries and such when they leave a card what with working hours as they are.

3D glasses, I did apply......would think they'd have come in a case if I were that lucky. Not knowing is frustrating!!!

did you order the free tree sapling from the velvet tissue thread here., they come in cardboard tubes.

just noticed you said Samsung promo.
    Edited by: "richp" 26th Oct 2010

Original Poster

teraomi

Complain to RM also. Shouldn't leave items out in clear sight.

Have done so many times. Joke is that they'll leave expensive deliveries, that clearly state HMV or such on them out for all to see and then leave a card for an over sized magazine!

We've had the problem with birthday and christmas cards left in the letter box ripped open and gift vouchers and cash missing. It's futile, they log it and forget it.

Privatisation is the way forwards IMO just because of personal exp.

Competitions - I don't think so. Usually freebies I apply for from here other than the deals.

Original Poster

richp

did you order the free tree sapling from the velvet tissue thread here., … did you order the free tree sapling from the velvet tissue thread here., they come in cardboard tubes.just noticed you said Samsung promo.

Samsung was just what seemed to pop up on Google when I searched address. Don't think I applied for anything from Velvet.

Anyone else with any idea? Would really appreciate it. Will be back in a while to see.

monkey_whiskers

If I knew which neighbour it was - I'd be tempted to do something. But … If I knew which neighbour it was - I'd be tempted to do something. But as there are 24 flats in our place and another 24 in the same complex that could access the entry, it's unlikely I'll ever find out.

There's only 3 flats in my place, when the cannabis smoking special brew drinking neighbours turned up, it wasn't difficult to figure out who might be responsible for missing mail. Sadly as I have no evidence I can't exactly accuse them, it could just as easily be that the mail never turned up.

We had a party when they moved out (his mum kicked him out and took his keys off him as she's the guarantor and probably scared to death of the cost of all the damage they're doing to the property - he is over 30).

Phileas Fogg?
    Reggae Reggae Sauce?
    Weetabix?

i found this number to do with samsung 01584871381 when i typed in the address and its something todo with samsung printers.

Did you send for the Velvet Free Tree? As I received my tree in a brown tube

It's the return address for the Free Tree. Checked one the tubes I still had laying around. Same return address
    Edited by: "anthonyt" 26th Oct 2010

WTF - someone nicked your tree for their flat lol

DAMNOME

WTF - someone nicked your tree for their flat lol

Probably smoking it as we speak!

got my free tree last friday in a brown tube with white ends

Original Poster

richp, anthonyt and bitseylango - I did apply for the tree. That must be what it was. Sorry richp, I clearly am a little slow at processing stuff these days! I would be too tortured if it was the 3D glasses, so I'm a little less miffed now.

Seems that the mystery has been solved. Thanks all.

Now - to find someone displaying a new tree in their window and leave them a gift in their letterbox. oO

Use the brown tube to aim through their letter box and follow the advice in post #1

Banned

at least you got a brown tube, i didnt even get that

Original Poster

dh058977

Use the brown tube to aim through their letter box and follow the advice … Use the brown tube to aim through their letter box and follow the advice in post #1

LOL. Doubt I'll ever find out which fecker did it.

Original Poster

sassie

at least you got a brown tube, i didnt even get that

Yours might be on it's way if I only just got my.....tube today.

Banned

monkey_whiskers

Yours might be on it's way if I only just got my.....tube today.

i never ordered one, so i think not, well not that i know of, but as we dont know what was in it i may have done

Original Poster

sassie

i never ordered one, so i think not, well not that i know of, but as we … i never ordered one, so i think not, well not that i know of, but as we dont know what was in it i may have done

No - for the sake of my sanity we know it was a baby tree.

Banned

monkey_whiskers

No - for the sake of my sanity we know it was a baby tree.

no deffo didnt order one of them, i am awaiting a teddy though - lol

Dont worry. All is not lost. Blue Peter has loads of ideas for what to do with a brown tube.

monkey_whiskers

richp, anthonyt and bitseylango - I did apply for the tree. That must be … richp, anthonyt and bitseylango - I did apply for the tree. That must be what it was. Sorry richp, I clearly am a little slow at processing stuff these days! I would be too tortured if it was the 3D glasses, so I'm a little less miffed now.Seems that the mystery has been solved. Thanks all.Now - to find someone displaying a new tree in their window and leave them a gift in their letterbox. oO

if its any consolation, when i got mine it was devoid of leaves, in fact it was a stick in a tube !! I've got it on life support at the moment, but I'm not holding out much hope for it your probably get more from planting the brown tube !

Edited by: "richp" 26th Oct 2010

i would set up a webcam recording the letterbox, then purposely order inexpensive stuff and wait, when i found out who it was i would chop their head off, you can obviously substitute the last part for an action of your choice.
    Edited by: "jayjayuk1234" 26th Oct 2010

Day off + fake parcel + spy = catch scvm

Place a fake parcel outside your door with spring loaded poop in - that'll teach the dirty little robbers!

dcx_badass

Live somewhere nice, can't say i've had this problem.

Alright for those with cash. Those without have to share with housing benefits scum, hopefully less so with the new rules. Thank you Mr Cameron.

monkey_whiskers

LOL. Doubt I'll ever find out which fecker did it.

Just do the whole building!

Original Poster

All great ideas - but I wouldn't waste a day off on such a stakeout. Will definitely be having words with managing company and Royal Mail tho.....and maybe create something award winning with the brown tube!

As for living somewhere nicer - I live somewhere that is lovely. It's a listed period building with electronic gates. Unfortunately, that doesn't mean one of my neighbour wont be a clepto!....or maybe one of the cleaners....or a neighbours guest.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Speccing a gaming pc37
      2. help: windows 10 wifi issue55
      3. Best IPTV Paid service?1721
      4. advice needed on dumbell weight training please46

See more discussions