Groups

Did anyone receive free 400 microsoft xbox points from the May Red Dead Redemption promotion?

This is the deal where you download the trailer and you get free 400 microsoft points and a premium theme.

The deal was posted at this link

hotukdeals.com/ite…m-t?

33 Comments

nothing yet no

Original Poster

sunsetman;8894148

nothing yet no

Ok cause the redemption of the themes expire on 30th June as stated in the terms and i don't know of anyone that has heard back from the promotion

xbox.com/en-…way

bob100;8894161

Ok cause the redemption of the themes expire on 30th June as stated in … Ok cause the redemption of the themes expire on 30th June as stated in the terms and i don't know of anyone that has heard back from the promotionhttp://www.xbox.com/en-gb/rdrgiveaway

That's probably a typo

i did, recieved 400 points and just need to see if the code works

Original Poster

jackvdbuk;8894217

i did, recieved 400 points and just need to see if the code works

when did you receive it?

bob100;8894228

when did you receive it?

dunno maybe like 2 weeks ago?

actually not sure if its the rdr offer, its 400 from "xtivial" is that the same offer?

jackvdbuk;8894791

dunno maybe like 2 weeks ago?actually not sure if its the rdr offer, its … dunno maybe like 2 weeks ago?actually not sure if its the rdr offer, its 400 from "xtivial" is that the same offer?

No

Just got mine

yeah got mine today :thumbsup:.................
    "You recently entered the Red Dead Redemption Giveaway by downloading the Red Dead Redemption movie trailer from the Xbox LIVE Marketplace.

GMR Marketing GmbH is the official promotion administrator for Microsoft (Xbox LIVE) and is responsible for selecting and notifying all winners. We are writing to inform you that you were among the first 5,000 Xbox LIVE Gold or Silver members to qualify as a winner.

Specifically, you have won 400 Microsoft Points!

On behalf of Microsoft and Rockstar, congratulations and enjoy your prize
    EDIT!!
    just got another email saying i get a free theme too, bonus!....
    "Specifically, you have won one (1) Theme Token to download an exclusive Rockstar Theme!
    You can redeem your Theme Token from the Xbox 360 Console Dashboard or on Xbox.com using the following pre-paid Microsoft Theme Code: "

My e-mail (subject: "Red Dead Redemption Theme Tokens Giveaway - Xbox LIVE Official Giveaway Communication") arrived five minutes ago.

BFN,

fp.

Just checked my email (linked to my XBL) got a theme email and a points email. Happy days

The theme downloaded fine, however when I enter the code for 400 free points it says "enter a valid code":x

I found this ]http//ww…831
    and this..
    ]http//ww…tml
    seems it has happened to a few people!

Yeah same here

Got mine too.
    Had this problem before though.
    It´s usually when they haven´t activated the codes yet....
    They´ll work eventually (usually after a day or 2 max)
    Be patient. (yeah I know, they should just work. But hey, they´re FREE!)

TanyaSpace;8943768

Got mine too.Had this problem before though.It´s usually when they … Got mine too.Had this problem before though.It´s usually when they haven´t activated the codes yet....They´ll work eventually (usually after a day or 2 max) Be patient. (yeah I know, they should just work. But hey, they´re FREE!)

:thumbsup: ill try again in a day or so!

Anyone wana sell there points?

same problem here theme worked but points didnt, annoying lol

The points can be redeemed (works just fine) on an US account.
    Just did it myself.
    Guess someone screwed up somewhere as MS points are always regionlocked.

Theme code only lasted a day according to the smallprint on the email.

'The Theme Token that you won will expire on 30 June 2010.'

It arrived last night at 21:31 so I had maybe 2 and a half hours to claim it?

what was original thread again ?

dontasciime;8945880

what was original thread again ?

Link´s in the OP!
    :thumbsup:

TanyaSpace;8945917

Link´s in the OP!:thumbsup:

Lol:

Ta

Banned

TanyaSpace;8945069

The points can be redeemed (works just fine) on an US account. Just did … The points can be redeemed (works just fine) on an US account. Just did it myself.Guess someone screwed up somewhere as MS points are always regionlocked.

how did you redeem them on a US account?

DaveLister;8946112

how did you redeem them on a US account?

The same way you´d do it on a UK one LOL

Banned

TanyaSpace;8946602

The same way you´d do it on a UK one LOL

so you're an american, living in the US?

Not had my points yet.

Code works now

DaveLister;8947279

so you're an american, living in the US?

No. You don´t need to be!

Banned

TanyaSpace;8950425

No. You don´t need to be!

which is why i asked "how did you redeem them on a US account" because mine is a UK account, doesn't matter anyway as the codes work now

DaveLister;8952014

which is why i asked "how did you redeem them on a US account" because … which is why i asked "how did you redeem them on a US account" because mine is a UK account, doesn't matter anyway as the codes work now

I believe you need to make a US account by entering US details upon sign up with a US email.

I recieved two emails from them yesterday, both with the SAME codes on, I redeemed it today for the theme and it worked fine, even though in the email it states that "The Theme Token that you won will expire on 30 June 2010", gotta admit, it's a pretty awful theme even if it is free.
    Just want to know is how you guys recieved your 400 Microsoft Points or If you recieved one but not the other? As I've recieved 2 emails with the same codes on and that was for the theme, will I be recieving another email or have I just been unlucky?

Banned

Dr4gOns_FuRy;8952344

I believe you need to make a US account by entering US details upon sign … I believe you need to make a US account by entering US details upon sign up with a US email.I recieved two emails from them yesterday, both with the SAME codes on, I redeemed it today for the theme and it worked fine, even though in the email it states that "The Theme Token that you won will expire on 30 June 2010", gotta admit, it's a pretty awful theme even if it is free.Just want to know is how you guys recieved your 400 Microsoft Points or If you recieved one but not the other? As I've recieved 2 emails with the same codes on and that was for the theme, will I be recieving another email or have I just been unlucky?

i got 4 emails, first 2 telling me i've won the points and theme, codes included. the other 2 emails came a day later telling me that the points code will now work and that the theme code has no expiration date

DaveLister;8952369

i got 4 emails, first 2 telling me i've won the points and theme, codes … i got 4 emails, first 2 telling me i've won the points and theme, codes included. the other 2 emails came a day later telling me that the points code will now work and that the theme code has no expiration date

Thanks for that, I'll just wait another day see if I recieve anymore emails from them, If not I guess I am all out of luck. Thank you again :thumbsup:

Dr4gOns_FuRy;8952408

Thanks for that, I'll just wait another day see if I recieve anymore … Thanks for that, I'll just wait another day see if I recieve anymore emails from them, If not I guess I am all out of luck. Thank you again :thumbsup:

Hi,
    on the email i received for the theme it stated i was one of the first 85000 to download the trailer, on the email for the points it states the first 5000 so I guess not everyone gets both.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Should I buy brand new wd drive without warranty on ebay55
      2. What's the most impressive 4k / UHD film you have seen at home?68
      3. Tooth extraction55
      4. Localphone VOIP long distance app broken (not ios11 compatible)23

See more discussions