Groups

Did not know fish can fly!!

Pretty impressive aint it?

news.bbc.co.uk/1/h…stm

12 Comments

go fish...

Wow thats mint, i want a flying pet fish!

ahh the old flying fish. at last an animal to rival the ferocity of the flying squirrel!!!

Original Poster

Had to do a double take on it after the "flying penguin" article that got me! :oops:

Toybhoy;2145010

Had to do a double take on it after the "flying penguin" article that got … Had to do a double take on it after the "flying penguin" article that got me! :oops:

April fool one? lol

Original Poster

bellabonkers;2145016

April fool one? lol

yup! got me! :-D

I actually saw one when I was in New Zealand in the late 80's!!!! Thought I was going nuts till the captain said there was one following us by the boat we were on!!! wierd looking things!!!:o more so in the flesh (scales)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):)

I have eaten flying fish and it is very nice too.

Do you think years ago a seagull mated with a normal fish?

Should actually be called a Gliding Fish since it does not really fly like a bird. It is able to hover just above the surface of the water by using the heat generated by the warm water. They use their tails to skim over the surface like when you skim a stone on a lake. Remarkable though. The wonders of creation continue to astound me.

[CENTER][SIZE=4]similar flying fish[/SIZE]

http://www.lostcity.washington.edu/mission/journals/images/flying_fish_050303_big.jpg[/CENTER]
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Need help with home Internet dropping out please22
      2. Anyone got a spare Argos 10% code from the Xbox Minecraft mistake?56
      3. Should I buy brand new wd drive without warranty on ebay78
      4. Jury service69

See more discussions