Did Portugal chuck tonight's game?

Opinions? I think that resting half of your first team, and consequently getting stuffed by one of the three worst sides in the competition, constitutes throwing the game.

12 Comments

I swear that was not Portugal playing... Something fishy was going on. Obviously as it is taking place in Switzerland and Austria the Switzerland guys probably payed the team to let their team win, and seem like good loosers. It makes no difference to Portugal

lol, i agree, shocking result for porugal, so they wer obvo not bovered tbh, i watched the other game and was soooo glad i did! lol, anyone else see it?

I don't know about tonight but I can see Holland having a very poor game against Romania... lol... ^^^^

Original Poster

The Turkey game was immense lol

init, loved it, and yhyh edna, can see them throwing that away lol! thanks for the rep btw much appreciated, your the nicest hukd member iv ever met

Scribbles;2320732

The Turkey game was immense lol

An absolute cracker.... Game of the tournament for me..

portugal were virtually guaranteed top spot and playing a second string preserved key players. I can see romania snatching a result and after their first game i saw as very dark horses this year.

PS: TURKI-YE BEAUTY!

lol ^

Banned

myaser88;2320756

portugal were virtually guaranteed top spot and playing a second string … portugal were virtually guaranteed top spot and playing a second string preserved key players. I can see romania snatching a result and after their first game i saw as very dark horses this year.PS: TURKI-YE BEAUTY!

They were already guaranteed top spot prior to the game. Turkey or Czech could only reach the same points total as Portugal, and since they had already beaten both teams, this takes precedence in determining the group position, not goal difference.

Portugal had already done the hard work, no result could have made any difference. A good punter would have recognised this (is there such a thing, lol).

Original Poster

aScottishBloke;2320837

A good punter would have recognised this (is there such a thing, lol).

That was my main point. Many mug punters wouldn't necessarily have seen it coming and they probably feel like they got put away.

i think they used a younger team for this match as they were already qualifies for next round.

As already mentioned, they were guaranteed top spot regardless so the manager can rest players if he chooses to. I think they were a bit unlucky though. Hit the woodwork twice, had a goal (incorrectly) ruled out for offside, and Nani could (and probably should) have had 2 penalties.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047112
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767266
    3. Show us your Photos 2017. September's Theme - 'Earth, Wind & Fire'32452
    4. love affairs1445

See more discussions