Found 16th Mar 2011
have had sky for years upgraded to sky + then sky +hd without paying for the hd channels, just noticed the past while when watching movies on the ordinary channels ie sky movies that the picture is not as good as it was, reaks up a liitle, have a large tv 50" samsung but this is only been happen the past 6 months. it was good before. Think sky is sending a less singal down so the picture is bad and you have to pay the extra 10 for hd . what do you think????

1. Misc
  2. Sky
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Sky
11 Comments

No.

Yes

I used to think my old saxo VTR was fast until I had a drive of my mates Evo IX.

maybe

Do sky have control on how you receive the signal, i highly doubt it probably your dish had a slight movement

we had the same problem when they installed our new hd box, the box lasted 2 weeks and died. guy came out next day, changed the box, realigned the dish and its ok now. Personally i dont see what all the fuss is about with HD it looks the same as normal tv to me but with rubbish sound. what is annoying is all the HD channels have smaller " box" pictures in the middle of the screen not full screen

A lot of ppl feel Sky are reducing the bitrate on the SD channels - either to free up bandwidth or to make HD channels look better in comparison - however this would not cause your picture to break up. Go look at the line of sight and see if there are any trees in the way, they could have put on more growth - if not check the alignment and then the outside cabling.

Sloth/Mod

vinylandtrinkets

we had the same problem when they installed our new hd box, the box … we had the same problem when they installed our new hd box, the box lasted 2 weeks and died. guy came out next day, changed the box, realigned the dish and its ok now. Personally i dont see what all the fuss is about with HD it looks the same as normal tv to me but with rubbish sound. what is annoying is all the HD channels have smaller " box" pictures in the middle of the screen not full screen

You need to check your TV settings.........HD is full screen.

vinylandtrinkets
we had the same problem when they installed our new hd box, the box lasted 2 weeks and died. guy came out next day, changed the box, realigned the dish and its ok now. Personally i dont see what all the fuss is about with HD it looks the same as normal tv to me but with rubbish sound. what is annoying is all the HD channels have smaller " box" pictures in the middle of the screen not full screen..............................................................

You've got your settings at 576i. Or 576p......... You need to change it on the skybox to 720i or p. Or. 1080i.

vinylandtrinkets
we had the same problem when they installed our new hd box, the box lasted 2 weeks and died. guy came out next day, changed the box, realigned the dish and its ok now. Personally i dont see what all the fuss is about with HD it looks the same as normal tv to me but with rubbish sound. what is annoying is all the HD channels have smaller " box" pictures in the middle of the screen not full screen..............................................................

You've got your settings at 576i. Or 576p......... You need to change it on the skybox to 720i or p. Or. 1080i.

thanks both all sorted
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition73825
    2. Win free gin for a year99
    3. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines65
    4. Magazine competitions - Issue 43 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk33

See more discussions