Did Virgin media upgrade all 2mb customers to 10mb? any one who got this advantage already ?

I read a post here saying Virgin media is upgrading all 2mb broadband customers to 10mb. The announcement was made in Febrary, and they said it would happen by May 1st.2009. I just checked my broadband speed it still remains the same 2mb.
Dont know when it's going to happen, or do i need to reinstall the modem or anything?

Is there anyone who got the upgrade already ?

4 Comments

I was so impatient I called virgin up on the 1st of May asking about it.
I got a very vague response, told me it was on the cards and would take some time, as they're doing it region by region.
Thing is, the extra £2 hike starts immediately, no surprises there.

When does the 20mb to 50mb start in N.I?

Original Poster

mudddy;5113881

I was so impatient I called virgin up on the 1st of May asking about it.I … I was so impatient I called virgin up on the 1st of May asking about it.I got a very vague response, told me it was on the cards and would take some time, as they're doing it region by region. Thing is, the extra £2 hike starts immediately, no surprises there.

Why is this 2 pound hike ? Can we not cancel the contract as they have increased the price?

I received an email from VM today with a schedule of places and the expected dates for upgrade.

Gloucester and Cheletenham (along with lots of other places) were missing entirely. I called 150 and they could not explain this and promissed to send me an email a month before the upgrade is due.

I am not impressed.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. 10% Argos code with glitch22
    2. Safest type of external hard drive?33
    3. Jury service47
    4. Three connection56

See more discussions