Did you clap x

Posted 26th Mar
Wow. How amazing was that. Our close were all out clapping. Carer pulled up to one of the bungalows and we all cheered a little louder she shouted Thankyou. Made me cry!!
Such a proud moment x
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Bloody hell just went out to put the bin out and got a massive applause from the neighbors :/
Yip went out and clapped and whooped for the wife (icu nurse)<3
40196680-DA27c.jpg
40196680-W7vjM.jpg
I normally thank them most days as I spend more time in the hospitals with my children than at home most of the time .
63 Comments
Yea what was that clapping? I was chilling in my house and all these people just went past clapping well loud lol
efc_4ever26/03/2020 20:29

Yea what was that clapping? I was chilling in my house and all these …Yea what was that clapping? I was chilling in my house and all these people just went past clapping well loud lol

I’m sure you were involved
Glad to hear your street were doing it xx
Your post just beat mine parisp, yes we clapped
parisp26/03/2020 20:31

I’m sure you were involved Glad to hear your street were doing it xx

I wasn't I honestly don't know what it was

What's it about?

Just checked it's an NHS clap. I would have joined in but only just found out what it's all about
Edited by: "efc_4ever" 26th Mar
lollypoplee26/03/2020 20:31

Your post just beat mine parisp, yes we clapped

I had a lump in my throat couldn’t speak for ages after lol. Such a lovely moment for all xx
efc_4ever26/03/2020 20:32

I wasn't I honestly don't know what it wasWhat's it about?Just … I wasn't I honestly don't know what it wasWhat's it about?Just checked it's an NHS clap. I would have joined in but only just found out what it's all about

People were clapping to cheer Liverpool being announced Premier League winners for this season, they were awarded the trophy at 8pm.
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 26th Mar
Haircut_10026/03/2020 20:34

People were clapping to cheer Liverpool being announced Premier League …People were clapping to cheer Liverpool being announced Premier League winners for this season, they were awarded the trophy at 8pm.

dream on pal

Null and void

I wasn't I honestly don't know what it wasWhat's it about?Just … I wasn't I honestly don't know what it wasWhat's it about?Just checked it's an NHS clap. I would have joined in but only just found out what it's all about

hotukdeals.com/dis…414

Bless you, you obviously dont follow the news , which actually isnt a bad thing.

Basically it was a round of applause for all our hard working NHS workers, just a little thank you x
SJHan26/03/2020 20:34

Comment deleted

In all honesty I thought the same at first didn’t think it would take off but after watching the news it went viral world wide! X
lollypoplee26/03/2020 20:35

Bless you, you obviously dont follow the news , which actually isnt a bad …Bless you, you obviously dont follow the news , which actually isnt a bad thing.Basically it was a round of applause for all our hard working NHS workers, just a little thank you x

I have a 2year old . Life is basically on hold. See no news . Barely get to go on my phone and unable to watch TV and make my own food and eat in peace
efc_4ever26/03/2020 20:29

Yea what was that clapping? I was chilling in my house and all these …Yea what was that clapping? I was chilling in my house and all these people just went past clapping well loud lol

They were saying turn down the Atmos soundbar.
Lol
efc_4ever26/03/2020 20:36

I have a 2year old . Life is basically on hold. See no news . Barely get …I have a 2year old . Life is basically on hold. See no news . Barely get to go on my phone and unable to watch TV and make my own food and eat in peace

Feel your pain I have a 6 year old (birthday yesterday) 14 and 15 year old to entertain. I’m wishing I was back in work. Partners jobs a bit uncertain as with everyone else so we’re all gonna be cracking up
40196680-DA27c.jpg
40196680-W7vjM.jpg
I normally thank them most days as I spend more time in the hospitals with my children than at home most of the time .
KemCol26/03/2020 20:40

I normally thank them most days as I spend more time in the hospitals with …I normally thank them most days as I spend more time in the hospitals with my children than at home most of the time .

I’m sorry to hear that. I hope you all stay safe
Clapped, whistled and whooped.

We did as a family, only ones!
Yip went out and clapped and whooped for the wife (icu nurse)<3
efc_4ever26/03/2020 20:34

dream on palNull and void

There is absolutely no way Premier League, EFL or National League results will be expunged
Scotland131426/03/2020 21:06

Yip went out and clapped and whooped for the wife (icu nurse)<3 Yip went out and clapped and whooped for the wife (icu nurse)<3

Proud hubby right there. Thank your wife for the fantastic job she does not only now but always xx

Yes, I tried to post as a deal to get some better exposure, but mods shoved it across into discussion (and there was one already set up)...
Me
parisp26/03/2020 21:09

Proud hubby right there. Thank your wife for the fantastic job she does …Proud hubby right there. Thank your wife for the fantastic job she does not only now but always xx

She thanks you and all who clapped xx
Bloody hell just went out to put the bin out and got a massive applause from the neighbors :/
Waddayawant26/03/2020 22:02

Bloody hell just went out to put the bin out and got a massive applause …Bloody hell just went out to put the bin out and got a massive applause from the neighbors :/

Waddayawant26/03/2020 22:02

Bloody hell just went out to put the bin out and got a massive applause …Bloody hell just went out to put the bin out and got a massive applause from the neighbors :/

Tell me about it, I got confused and went to the wrong bin
It was quite emotional really. If politicians didn't realise it already, I'm pretty sure they've got the message now to never, ever, mess about with the NHS.
Yes, and so did a lot of my street. Tons of fireworks went off which is good because the NHS staff working at the local hospital would have heard them without a doubt.
guru40426/03/2020 22:40

Tons of fireworks went off which is good because the NHS staff working at …Tons of fireworks went off which is good because the NHS staff working at the local hospital would have heard them without a doubt.

So would all the animals & elderly
Clapping will do just fine. Wish they'd ban fireworks.....
Someone let off a firework round my area does that count... scared the dog stick to clapping people
colinsss26/03/2020 22:34

It was quite emotional really. If politicians didn't realise it already, …It was quite emotional really. If politicians didn't realise it already, I'm pretty sure they've got the message now to never, ever, mess about with the NHS.

All due respect, you overestimate politicians. Sorry.
Although the sentiment was good, the idea was terrible.

Not only did it go against all government policy as most people went out to do it.

It would have also caused unnecessary contact between neighbours..

Like "Hi george, we haven't spoken for a while"
"Hi Mavis, how are you going. Isn't this all madness"

Not saying everyone did this, but if just 1% or even just 1 group did it, it reverses all the hard work people are doing this week to halt the spread.
tryn2help27/03/2020 00:31

All due respect, you overestimate politicians. Sorry.

All due respect. Even before this outbreak the NHS was getting record investment and funding from the UK Tax Payer and is/was never under threat.
I only heard about it at about 14:50 and thought that won't be happening as it's too short to announce. So I felt a bit embarrassed. But I had been working all day and fell asleep at 18:00 and was woken up with the clapping... I felt so ashamed I'm glad I signed up to volunteer for the NHS though... I'm defo gonna make up for it by helping the staff.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants