Did you know you can still buy houses for less than £20k?

Found 24th Jul 2008
rightmove.co.uk/vie…buy

I picked up todays property guide for our area and there is a 2 bedroomed house for sale for just £19,950. Bargain or what?! However, its not the most desirable area, but hey its a house with a roof! On further investigation, you could also buy neighbouring houses for only slightly more. 3 bedroomed ones were £26,950 I'm amazed and thought I would share this for anyone interested in buying a home for peanuts!

They were all on Limetrees Close, Haverton Hill/Port Clarence, Middlesbrough - just go to rightmove.co.uk and put in Middlesbrough, sorted by cheapest.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
22 Comments

Banned

buy the estate - lol

Banned

Hmmm. Is this the sort of area that you cant get insurance because of unruly kids that break in and cause mayhem?

The house next to it looks nice with its boarded up windows!

Doesnt it!

Original Poster

Its not the sort of area I would like to bring my kids up and I certainly wouldn't consider living there myself, but plenty do and its probably not half as bad as some of the areas I have seen when I lived down South in the Surrey/South London areas. Neither are they high rise flats or anything, but do have front and rear gardens, so for £20k a bargain really to someone :roll:

The houses will have some sort of defect or something, like a big crack down the side of the house.

I know, i deal in real estate

Sloth/Mod

black gerbil1;2598504

The houses will have some sort of defect or something, like a big crack … The houses will have some sort of defect or something, like a big crack down the side of the house.I know, i deal in real estate

:lol:

I love your posts. :-D

black gerbil you really do know everything dont you lol

black gerbil1;2598504

The houses will have some sort of defect or something, like a big crack … The houses will have some sort of defect or something, like a big crack down the side of the house.I know, i deal in real estate

thought you were into stocks and shares?:?

black gerbil1;2598504

Lol I think you mean subsidence :thumbsup:

But yeah I think there may be some sort of structural defect with such a property which would no doubt render it unmortgagable, as is the usual case with properties priced so low

guv;2598420

Hmmm. Is this the sort of area that you cant get insurance because of … Hmmm. Is this the sort of area that you cant get insurance because of unruly kids that break in and cause mayhem?

benefits.........

buy em up and open them as crack houses for the locals....you will easily get your money back within 6 months after which time the old bill would have closed you down and you can then rent em out to all the junkies in the area.....now thats real business sence....especially as you will probably get 12 months insode and all that interest on your money without having to spend a penny...LOL

Original Poster

fireheaven;2598706

Lol I think you mean subsidence :thumbsup:But yeah I think there may be … Lol I think you mean subsidence :thumbsup:But yeah I think there may be some sort of structural defect with such a property which would no doubt render it unmortgagable, as is the usual case with properties priced so low

Absolutely not, they are all ex Council properties, and only cheap because they are in quite an undesirable area, nothing to do with subsidence or structural problems. I haven't heard of any that are structurally unsound, apart from one of the end ones that has recently had a fire (can be seen on Rightmove) which is SSTC as fire damaged. Its simply an area that local people don't want to live in!!

Ohh ex Council properties here go for a fortune due to the huge gardens. As you say, its the area then

rob585;2598758

buy em up and open them as crack houses for the locals....you will easily … buy em up and open them as crack houses for the locals....you will easily get your money back within 6 months after which time the old bill would have closed you down and you can then rent em out to all the junkies in the area.....now thats real business sence....especially as you will probably get 12 months insode and all that interest on your money without having to spend a penny...LOL

nah brothels

fireheaven;2598706

But yeah I think there may be some sort of structural defect with such a … But yeah I think there may be some sort of structural defect with such a property which would no doubt render it unmortgagable, as is the usual case with properties priced so low

I dont need to be told im right, but yeah thanks:-D
Mardyass;2598682

thought you were into stocks and shares?:?

yes.

real estate,
stocks & shares
a model

wow a man of many trades...:roll:

im a model, so girls just want to be with you just for the sake of being … im a model, so girls just want to be with you just for the sake of being a model.

hotukdeals.com/ite…560

Bikebarbie;2600180

real estate,stocks & sharesa modelwow a man of many … real estate,stocks & sharesa modelwow a man of many trades...:roll:http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/217385/my-girlfriend-said-them-three-words/?p=2572560#post2572560

lol @ the jealousy

black gerbil1;2600193

lol @ the jealousy

what do you mean??? I wouldn't wish of having 3 jobs (or more), can just about manage one and I am shattered at the end of the day!!! :-D

Lucky you!

nacider;2600230

rofl: http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-18490534.rsp?pa_n=1&tr_t=buy

Seriously, why did they even include a picture. If that house was on Facebook it'd have google imaged a random pic of a hot house and sent it to all its friends in the vein hope of aquiring some interrelations. Then it'd kill itself.

haha i dare any of you to have a walk through port clarence

Obviously mr gerbil you know CACK all about real estate cos the houses there are fine its just the mobs and psychopaths that inhabit the area, as any real estate agent would know
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Ebay postage to be protected610
    2. The cost of moving schools23
    3. Quidco and eBay22
    4. Utility Bills for First time buyer1010

See more discussions