Expired

Diesel Estate Car

Found 26th Sep 2007
I am looking to trade in my "W" reg freelander (never buy one of these) for a diesel estate, any reccomendations and what to look out for, I want a mondeo/vectra size car.

1. Ask
  2. Car
  3. Diesel
11 Comments

I've got an 02 plate Mondeo TDCi which I'm very fond of. Loads of room in the back, goes well and gets at least 45mpg even when I thrash it. Only cost me £4000 in March this year as it had 140000 miles on it. FSH though so no probs and drives like it's just run in.

Got a citroen c5 sx hdi estate myself lovely car drives like new cost me £4000 off ebay last year fsh had 100k on when i got it.I'll buy another they are a very comfy smooth car.Tried a focus and an audi but they were a hard stiff drive on the road.

I know it's not an estate but have a look at the diesel Mazda 5. Brilliant fuel economy and huge space inside with all the seats down

Mondeo Estate is superb value, due to poor brand image. I guess Vectra Estate is probably cheap as well.

If you don't want to spend much in the way of cash and don't mind the massive drop in image, then one of the van/econoboxes such as the Citroen Berlingo, Fiat Doblo or Renault Kangoo make good financial sense.

You can get a brand new Fiat Doblo for around £7.5k.

It really depends on what you want to use it for and what you expect of it and how much you want to pay. If you let us know what you want of it then perhaps we could recommend something a little more specific, with links etc.

Skoda Octavia - VW quality at a competitive price.

Not quite an estate more MPV but the ford focus c-max gets my vote.

You could always have a look at ]Parkers. You know, the ones who do the little book of used car prices, their website is very good, I used it when I was looking for my new car, it was after looking through the reviews on there that I decided on the Mondeo. Also should give you some idea of the value of your car.

Hi

I'm driving a Peugeot 406 Diesel - its really fast for its size but fantastic on diesel. I'm going to get a Passat next - once they are 4 years old or so they are fantastic value.

Banned

I used these guys last time I bought a car and they were excellent

motorpoint.co.uk/Def…spx

Original Poster

Thanks for all the help guys I am going to start looking this weekend :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text