Groups

Dietchef - Lighterlife - Jenny Craig etc etc

Banned
    Has anyone tried one these diet things?

I am thinking of trying dietchef as it's only £5 a day and I spend more than that currently on food.... Am 18st and I should apparently be between 9st-13st to be classed as healthy. (I feel really unfit and lathergic too)....

So if you have tried then please do tell.....

Please no comments on this is a waste of time or why not make your own etc... Just genuine feedback wanted....

:-) Thanks

12 Comments

Original Poster Banned

:thumbsup:

jellybaby22;8952569

my mum tried dietchef.... seemed a bit of a waste of money to me...the … my mum tried dietchef.... seemed a bit of a waste of money to me...the amount she was paying per week ..she could easily just have bought healthy food.... she lost about 1 and 1/2 stone...but put it all back on again and then some..... have to say...willpower and healthy eating is the best road to go down...hard work though... Im dieting just now... and Im miserable..

I work 14-16 hours a day weekdays and so have no time for healthy cooking etc so my only option is microwave meals.... this seems like the only option....

Taking the positive from that... she lost 1 1/2 stone :roll:

I've seen DietChef on one of the shopping channels and you still have to buy extra veg / salad to go with the meals. If you don't, as there's only a small amount in the meals you'll still be hungry and be more tempted to snack on unhealthy stuff.

What about batch cooking some healthy meals / soup / stews at the weekend then freezing it into 5 seperate portions so you can take it out to defrost in the morning before work then microwave that when you get home?

You can also buy microwavable steam veg, they only take a few mins so you could have that with chicken or fish for example.

Jacket potatoes are microwaveable as well.

All cheaper than DietChef ( + the extra veg you'll need to buy anyway to go with it)

Me and the wife both tried it, used it for 3 months in total.

Meals are not bad (breakfast gets boring) but it was ok, we both lost some weight and actually kind of enjoyed it, but make sure you treat yourself as well occasionally otherwise the limited menu will drive you nuts.

Jenny Craig is an Austarlian company that has actually been around for years. It can be a little expensive but works very well and you can be guaranteed to lose approx 2-4 lbs per week. It is really convenient as you have all your meals given to you and they are tasty. All you need to buy from the supermarket is veges and fruit. If you plan to stick to it it is a good product. You will need freezer space to store the ready meals too.

Banned

whats wrong with regular excercise and smaller potions of healthy fresh food?

why do people have to buy into someone elses profit making diets?

casparwhite;8953128

whats wrong with regular excercise and smaller potions of healthy fresh … whats wrong with regular excercise and smaller potions of healthy fresh food?why do people have to buy into someone elses profit making diets?

Convenience.

casparwhite;8953128

whats wrong with regular excercise and smaller potions of healthy fresh … whats wrong with regular excercise and smaller potions of healthy fresh food?why do people have to buy into someone elses profit making diets?

Hunger

There is a free sample and dvd for dietchef at the moment, i have just seen it in the freebies section. Sorry i don't know how to do a link

i assume its just food that you could buy/prepare yourself cheaper surely? Also are you gonna do this forever? if not what are your eating / fitness habits gonna be after the 'diet' to keep the weight off ? and why not just do that now instead

tigerallstars;8955442

Food for thought

Ha ha, that would make me run as well, rep given
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927365
      2. What would be HELL to you?1314
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767287
      4. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7141346

See more discussions