Difference between cheap and expensive mechanical keyboards

Found 4th Sep 2017Edited by:"Uranus"
On Amazon I can see a number of inexpensive keyboards that all use 3rd party blue switches rather than Cherry MX.
A couple of slightly more expensive (but still relatively cheap) keyboards use 3rd party red switches.

There is a huge price difference between these keyboards and the big brand ones.
I can see several cheap ones under £30.
The big brand ones seem to start at £70 and go well over £100.

Other than the manufacturer of the switches (Cherry MX) and the colour of the switches (who the heck uses blue switches when gaming?), what benefits do the big brand keyboards give?
If your answer is 'quality', then please clarify where the quality improvement lies, since the cheap keyboards also state keypress life of multi millions.

Curious where the £50 to £100 price difference is being spent by the manufacturers of the big brand keyboards.
Community Updates
Ask
2 Comments
The amount of flex in them, interface controller and backlighting
I've got a corsair K95 RGB, this has per key lighting and the construction of the keyboard is aircraft grade aluminium. Also, the company guarantee their product so I'd say the extra money goes there. I've had cheap keyboards, they're nothing compared to a quality one. You've also got things like key rollover, polling rates, response times, macros and profiles can be saved to the keyboard. Some also have passive USB
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions