Groups

Difference between discs and download codes in terms of game sharing (XBOX S)

Ok still a novice here but I think I just about understand the difference between using discs and download codes in terms of downloading time but read somewhere that if you are using 2 consoles and sharing accounts then you can do this with a downloaded code but not with the discs? Not sure if I have explained this adequately but if we are going to have more than 2 consoles should we not buy discs then? Obviously if we are not sharing then the discs may ultimately have some resale value and the codes are worthless once used once or have I misunderstood? Thanks very much.

8 Comments

there is no point sharing if you use discs as you can't share a disc and it is needed for every play. Sharing is for digital titles as both can use them on different consoles

a disc will work in all your xboxs but only 1 at a time of course
    digital will work on 2 xboxs at the same time so you can play each other in the same game if needed.

as far as I was aware both take exactly the same time to install, because if you put a disc in it will just download the most up to date version off live

you can only use digital on two consoles will not allow game sharing on anymore than two
    if you get discs then both consoles need the same discs to play against each other

If you have an odd number of consoles and all went to play the same game, then you would buy one digital (shared between two) and the third/fifth/etc console buy disc or digital, whatever the best deal is.

MrPerks

a disc will work in all your xboxs but only 1 at a time of coursedigital … a disc will work in all your xboxs but only 1 at a time of coursedigital will work on 2 xboxs at the same time so you can play each other in the same game if needed. as far as I was aware both take exactly the same time to install, because if you put a disc in it will just download the most up to date version off live

Installs off the disc and downloads any updates. Backwards compatible x360 games download the full game when you install the disc.

if your game sharing then it only works with digital versions of the games.

maxj77

you can only use digital on two consoles will not allow game sharing on … you can only use digital on two consoles will not allow game sharing on anymore than twoif you get discs then both consoles need the same discs to play against each other

Thats not quite right, you can use it on unlimited xbox's as long as the gamer tag that purchased it is signed in

zippypratt

Installs off the disc and downloads any updates. Backwards compatible … Installs off the disc and downloads any updates. Backwards compatible x360 games download the full game when you install the disc.

only if you disconnect it from the router, if it can it will download it and not use the disc (xbox one games)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Argos 3 for 2 reserving early44
      2. DashCam Recommendation With Front And Rear Camera Built In22
      3. £1500 55 inch 4K TV56
      4. SCS add ons... are they worth it??48

See more discussions