Expired

Difference in Apple Ipad Mini Model Numbers

Found 6th May 2014
My wife has decided she wants an Ipad Mini.

She and I are both confused however about the model numbers.

All of the below are different prices. Is it just because of the colour or because of other features?

I do know they have the retina display ones, but she s happy enough with a 1st gen.

Apple iPad mini MD531LL/A (16GB, Wi-Fi, White / Silver) by Apple

Product Details
Apple iPad Mini MD528LL/A (16GB, Wi-Fi, Black & Slate) by Apple

Apple iPad Mini MF432LL/A (16GB, Wi-Fi, black) by Apple
Community Updates
3 Comments
Just the colours.

Originally, Apple offered this model with either a black front and a "slate" back or a white front and a silver back, but on October 22, 2013, Apple discontinued the black/slate version and replaced it with a version with a black front and a medium toned gunmetal "Space Gray" back. This "Space Gray" model only is offered with 16 GB of storage and has its own order number, as well (MF432LL/A).
Ahh ok cheers mate.

Was just confusing with them all being seperate items on amazon,and all different prices slightly.

Just out of interest is the Retina display worth the extra dough?
glenncraneuk

Ahh ok cheers mate.Was just confusing with them all being seperate items … Ahh ok cheers mate.Was just confusing with them all being seperate items on amazon,and all different prices slightly.Just out of interest is the Retina display worth the extra dough?

In a word, yes.

It's much faster, has a nicer screen, has more RAM and will get at least 2 (if not 3) additional years of iOS support from Apple, as in Mini 1 will only support up to iOS 8 but the retina will reach iOS 10 or 11.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants