Groups

Differences between Ipod Touch and Iphone

Right I know the obvious difference is the Ipod Touch doesn't have the phone part but are there many more differences??
    Basically I want the apps and games and music stuff but don't want it as an actual phone, so would the ipod touch be ok?
    Rep for all help!

29 Comments

ye the phone is the only difference bassically the latest iphones have a camera and the touch doesnt, thats it i think, i went for the touch for the same reason lol

Banned

I have a Touch and the reason I didn't get an iPhone when I upgraded my phone a couple of months ago was because they are pretty much the same (other than the 2 obvious differences already pointed out)

Original Poster

micoo;7449671

ye the phone is the only difference bassically the latest iphones have a … ye the phone is the only difference bassically the latest iphones have a camera and the touch doesnt, thats it i think, i went for the touch for the same reason lol

DanJackson;7449691

I have a Touch and the reason I didn't get an iPhone when I upgraded my … I have a Touch and the reason I didn't get an iPhone when I upgraded my phone a couple of months ago was because they are pretty much the same (other than the 2 obvious differences already pointed out)

thats great, thanks to both of you and rep too

Banned

micoo;7449671

ye the phone is the only difference bassically the latest iphones have a … ye the phone is the only difference bassically the latest iphones have a camera and the touch doesnt, thats it i think, i went for the touch for the same reason lol

^ dont rep him hes a lunatic who also happens to be wrong.

vibeone - saving the day yet again:

http://www.ilounge.com/assets/images/feature_1pageiphone3gs/1.jpg

vibeone;7449777

^ dont rep him hes a lunatic who also happens to be wrong.ipod touch:no … ^ dont rep him hes a lunatic who also happens to be wrong.ipod touch:no bluetoothno gsm/3g (phone)no gpsno cameraslimmer64gb version

It does have bluetooth. :?

vibeone;7449777

^ dont rep him hes a lunatic who also happens to be wrong.vibeone - … ^ dont rep him hes a lunatic who also happens to be wrong.vibeone - saving the day yet again:

no bluetooth eh? double check that.

Original Poster

vibeone;7449777

^ dont rep him hes a lunatic who also happens to be wrong.vibeone - … ^ dont rep him hes a lunatic who also happens to be wrong.vibeone - saving the day yet again:

thanks for that chart!!

vibeone;7449777

^ dont rep him hes a lunatic who also [COLOR=Red]happens to be … ^ dont rep him hes a lunatic who also [COLOR=Red]happens to be wrong[/COLOR].ipod touch:no bluetooth

So are you.

Banned

dontdothatagain;7449795

It does have bluetooth. :?

Yes it certainly does.

vb1: useless as always

EDIT: And he's an image leech too

Original Poster

So im guessing the new ipod touch 3g just has 3g as an extra??

Banned

Emzy81;7449829

No, 3g in this case means "third generation"

Emzy81;7449829

No in this case it stands for 3rd generation.

certainly HAS bluetooth-obviously it wont run gps/compass apps and the like but pretty much everything else and clearly you need to be in a wifi zone to use certain apps(sky sports and the like) but if you just want games and music and video its a perfectly acceptable option to get a touch.

pugw$sh;7449848

****** too slow!

Banned

Emzy81;7449829

no 3g or gsm on the ipod touch! 3g is a phone thing.

vibeone - choosing to ignore the stalkers who saw my post before it was edited from the early first draft (ask thesaint about his idea to stop these things happening!)

also no compass in the ipod touch.

Original Poster

DanJackson;7449847

No, 3g in this case means "third generation"

pugw$sh;7449848

Oh I see, thanks for that lol :oops:

barky;7449856

certainly HAS bluetooth-obviously it wont run gps/compass apps and the … certainly HAS bluetooth-obviously it wont run gps/compass apps and the like but pretty much everything else and clearly you need to be in a wifi zone to use certain apps(sky sports and the like) but if you just want games and music and video its a perfectly acceptable option to get a touch.

Thats great thanks for everyones help!

Banned

pugw$sh;7449848

Ha! We posted almost the exact same thing at the exact same time!

The phone uses the mobile phone web service for some apps, if you have a touch some apps will not work as they require internet (unless you are at a wifi spot) eg, Shazam uses internet to match songs etc. and the soccer scores apps require internet so unless you are at a wifi spot it would be usless. Theres loads of other apps too.

ones an mp3 player the other ones a brick ie massive phone

shedboy66;7450047

ones an mp3 player the other ones a brick ie massive phone

Well you carry both your mp3 player and your phone around with you and i will just carry my "brick" around with me (thats only slightly bigger than the ipod touch).

Original Poster

I only want it for some apps just something to mess around on, my OH has the iphone and i was going to get one but its a bit bit for me so just going to get a touch to mess around with at home while OH writes apps for me lol

i would just get an 8gb touch if its just for a mess around i think both are hugely over rated to be honest, i used my ipod touch the same as i used my ipod to listen to music thats it

don't know what it is about apple and ipods, think they must put subliminal messages on ipods that gets owners very defensive about any bad word said against the ipods

but each to their own gd luck buddy

Banned

shedboy66;7452191

i would just get an 8gb touch if its just for a mess around i think both … i would just get an 8gb touch if its just for a mess around i think both are hugely over rated to be honest, i used my ipod touch the same as i used my ipod to listen to music thats it don't know what it is about apple and ipods, think they must put subliminal messages on ipods that gets owners very defensive about any bad word said against the ipodsbut each to their own gd luck buddy

No no, its just people defend them against stupid comments, very much like your earlier post about bricks

vibeone;7452266

No no, its just people defend them against stupid comments, very much … No no, its just people defend them against stupid comments, very much like your earlier post about bricks

another defender :-D

but you have to admit if nokia came up with a phone the size of an iphone before apple did, it would have been ridiculed and a flop

Banned

shedboy66;7452287

another defender :-D

Yes thats right.

But I'd also defend the Nexus if you said something utterly stupid about that as well.

Or... a mars bar.... sofa.... anything really.

Stupid people annoy me, thats all.

Banned

shedboy66;7452287

another defender :-Dbut you have to admit if nokia released aphone the … another defender :-Dbut you have to admit if nokia released aphone the size of an apple before ipod released the iphone it would have been ridiculed and a flop

I think you'll find PDA phone's existed before the iPhone Nokia didn't bother, HTC did, branded as all sorts, but the original popular PDA Handset was probably the o2 XDA.

(added after you edited)

I had a few PDA phones, and the main drawback was awful screens and stylus use.

Whether you like the iPhone or not, it has redefined the market, and its userbase is massive. Comments like lemmings or fanboyism are just daft. Its a quality product. If it wasn't - honestly, people wouldn't use it.

vibeone;7452311

Yes thats right.But I'd also defend the Nexus if you said something … Yes thats right.But I'd also defend the Nexus if you said something utterly stupid about that as well.Or... a mars bar.... sofa.... anything really. Stupid people annoy me, thats all.

people who type in bold annoy me :-D:p

Banned

shedboy66;7452334

people who type in bold annoy me :-D:p

Since you are moving the argument onto something else, we'll just say I won the iPhone argument part

Bold text you say... what dont you like about it?

If you wanna discuss the pros and cons of the iphone, please feel free, just be adult about it

vibeone;7452369

Since you are moving the argument onto something else, we'll just say I … Since you are moving the argument onto something else, we'll just say I won the iPhone argument part

brilliant what was it you were saying about stupid people annoying you, pot calling the kettle.................:-D:-D:-D

finished in this thread so i will let you leave a last smart comment
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
      2. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764306
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846211

See more discussions