Groups

diffucult to pick which one virgin / BT or anyother - HELP!

OK ....
    sos I have virgin bundle withthe basic phone , BB and TV , and somehow end up paying £50 pounds a month as the phone calls seem to bump up the cost - so I want to change this ..

I have thought of going to BT with free instalation and taking their anytime call plan at £16 approx and then plus net BB at £5 , but after reading reviews on plusnet from here , they seem really bad ?

All I want is a decent internet connection ( i don't download much but i do watch youtube and down load the odd tune say 5/ month ) , that runs smoothly etc that is cheap , and a cheap call package . I have digital TV built in so don't need this .

So who do people recommend ? Any help appreciated. Thanks

6 Comments

I had this same problem with virgin. Rang up to threaten cancellenation by saying i'm going to BT and my bills came down to £25 pm. Magic.... And my package didnt change.

I've got 'vodafone at home', unlimited internet and unlimited landline calls for £25 a month, can't complain.

Virgin is much more expensive for calls than BT.

Get the free connection charge offer

Line rental is £11.54
    Anytime plan £4.99
    £16.53 a month.

Plusnet are good, you have to remember that only unhappy people complain, the happy ones are quiet.

Wherever you go you might get a bad service, although i think with plusnet they dont have contracts.

Original Poster

plus net have no contract ----- u sure .... if this is the case then I might try them at first and if not any good , then change it ....
    if youhave plusnet what are your speeds / download limits against what you are paying ?
    just rang BT - NO FREE LINE INSTALATION ANYMORE

denandyas;7938063

plus net have no contract ----- u sure .... if this is the case then I … plus net have no contract ----- u sure .... if this is the case then I might try them at first and if not any good , then change it ....if youhave plusnet what are your speeds / download limits against what you are paying ?just rang BT - NO FREE LINE INSTALATION ANYMORE

Dont have plusnet mate, just what ive heard.

Did you quote the connection charge special offer?

Or did you tell them you got a direct mailer as you are a Virgin customer?

Im sure its still on

Original Poster

nah i did exactly quote the free line connection offer and she said nope - only if you have some code sent through the post .

I'm tempted to ring again so I get through to another person at BT to hear if another might offer me it .
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17866382
      2. word association Game74044544
      3. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2468
      4. Spotify Family Premium share721

See more discussions