Digi Sender...can someone help me pleeeease...pretty please.

Found 8th May 2009
I have a digi sender (product link on the next post) and I can't change the channels of sky through it. Anyone know why and how I can? I really would appreciate your help as I want to watch Family Guy in bed tonight.

Thanks

Foxy

6 Comments

Original Poster

ok how it works is ....there is a remote sensor cable(magic eye) that comes with the senders.

You attach one (headphone like connector)end of the cable to your first digi sender which you have placed next to the sky box..and the other end of it will have little bulb like shape it gets attached to the front of your sky box where there remote sensor is.....its like glass finish area you can easily spot it if you look closely.

on the second digi sender...which is in your room..you have a similar cable...you attach the headphone like jack into the digi sender and place the bulb like end on top of the TV so you can point your sky remote at it and click away...

The remote signal gets send via your Sky remote between the digi senders on to the sky box.>>Simples!;)
Hope it helps..
(fingers crossed & good luck)

if you dont have these 2 cables then you wont be able to use the remote from another room...

these links may help
redremote.co.uk/

Didnt see that you have X2..seems like it has a built in magic eye...but certain boxes dont work like NTL..Sky definately works..

Video on how to install
digisender.net/vid…200

It may take a bit of fiddling to find the correct place to put the remote sensor next to your Sky box

ahem....i edited my post...but this video is excellent.. I mean even if you are thick ;)...it goes at a nice pace...

Chapter 2 onwards is what you need

digisender.net/vid…200

Original Poster

Rupee Man;5159539

ahem....i edited my post...but this video is excellent.. I mean even if … ahem....i edited my post...but this video is excellent.. I mean even if you are thick ;)...it goes at a nice pace... Chapter 2 onwards is what you needhttp://www.digisender.net/videos.php?video=DG200

You are an absolute star. All sorted. Can you add an additional digi sender (I want one in the kitchen) and control it with the same setup?

Have some rep, I really appreciate your help :thumbsup:

well..I am not a pro on digi senders but I am sure you can add another one .as long you set it to work on same mode/chanel as the main skybox digi sender.... not economical ast they come in pairs...you can always keep one as spare of flog it on ebay...

Word of advice...if its in kitchen..then you may get interference from microwave oven (when its in use) with TV signal..also wireless routers work on similar bandwith so changing of setup i.e. channel they wireless is broadcasted around the house may help...

Enjoy... Thanks for rep.
Post a comment
@
    Text