Groups

Digital Aerial and Booster

I only have a crappy interior aerial at the moment and get a good signal on a good few channels on freeview which is built in to my tv (LG 42PC56) but not getting as many channels as i could.
    So any suggestions for an aerial/booster ideas?
    Ideally not an exterior because its not our property.

17 Comments

Banned

You can buy exterior digital aerials from as little as £15 and they are easy to install :thumbsup:

screwfix.com/pro…ial

First of all, there is no such thing as a " Digital Aerial " that is just sales speak.

Nothing can beat a good external aerial, second best option is a loft mounted aerial.

Banned

Inactive;5328439

First of all, there is no such thing as a " Digital Aerial " that is just … First of all, there is no such thing as a " Digital Aerial " that is just sales speak.

No its how they are referred to, lets not complicate matters here. Its only down to differing gain levels

Original Poster

sculpturatus;5328428

You can buy exterior digital aerials from as little as £15 and they are … You can buy exterior digital aerials from as little as £15 and they are easy to install :thumbsup:http://www.screwfix.com/prods/41700/Electrical-Supplies/TV-Range/Aerials-Fixings/Labgear-27887LAB-32-Element-Digital-Aerial

yeah £12, then another £5 for the mount, another £12 for the cabling and clips etc then delivery on top.
    Plus like i said its not out property so an interior one is easier, especially as it means drilling through the wall and running the cabling all the way through the house (no loft access) :thumbsup:

I took a risk with this booster from argos. Its got mixed reviews but does the job for me with a crappy little internal ariel. Now got all the freeview channels and no stuttering etc.

the item no is 534/6130

Original Poster

Inactive;5328439

First of all, there is no such thing as a " Digital Aerial " that is just … First of all, there is no such thing as a " Digital Aerial " that is just sales speak.Nothing can beat a good external aerial, second best option is a loft mounted aerial.

sculpturatus;5328454

No its how they are referred to, lets not complicate matters here. Its … No its how they are referred to, lets not complicate matters here. Its only down to differing gain levels

Cheers, i only meant it as its being used for digital, as for example when i lived in west sussex you had to have a high gain aerial due to poor reception.
    Im now in SE London.

Again no loft access really. :thumbsup:

sculpturatus;5328454

No its how they are referred to, lets not complicate matters here. Its … No its how they are referred to, lets not complicate matters here. Its only down to differing gain levels

Not complicating anything, a TV Aerial, is a TV Aerial, it will work on Analogue or Freeview. ( Digital ), I hate misleading bumph.

This ain't bad (I use it in our kitchen & the reception is ok). There are better ones but cost £50 plus. U can also buy boosters which fit into a mains outlet but then need an internal/external aerial in, they are mainly used to boost a already weak signal.

argos.co.uk/sta…htm

awoodhall2003;5328470

Again no loft access really. :thumbsup:

Well then, your only option is a good quality indoor aerial with a built in amplifier, these can be purchased at Argos, Maplins etc.

Banned

awoodhall2003;5328458

yeah £12, then another £5 for the mount, another £12 for the cabling and c … yeah £12, then another £5 for the mount, another £12 for the cabling and clips etc then delivery on top.Plus like i said its not out property so an interior one is easier, especially as it means drilling through the wall and running the cabling all the way through the house (no loft access) :thumbsup:

£3 for the mount, but I know what you mean. I dont think internal aerials will get any better reception than that you already have. Try a booster from Maplins or Argos, but this really only clears the signal rathers than boosts it. They ar designed for send the signal along long tracks of cable, rather than to increase the signal :thumbsup:

Original Poster

ants97;5328463

I took a risk with this booster from argos. Its got mixed reviews but … I took a risk with this booster from argos. Its got mixed reviews but does the job for me with a crappy little internal ariel. Now got all the freeview channels and no stuttering etc.the item no is 534/6130

cheers, seems alright

Original Poster

sajsaleem;5328490

This ain't bad (I use it in our kitchen & the reception is ok). There are … This ain't bad (I use it in our kitchen & the reception is ok). There are better ones but cost £50 plus. U can also buy boosters which fit into a mains outlet but then need an internal/external aerial in, they are mainly used to boost a already weak signal.http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5347919/c_1/1|category_root|Home+entertainment+and+sat+nav|12108813/c_2/2|cat_12108813|Electrical+accessories|12108814.htm

cheers, also looks alright as ideally id be buying a better aerial anyways

Inactive;5328503

Well then, your only option is a good quality indoor aerial with a built … Well then, your only option is a good quality indoor aerial with a built in amplifier, these can be purchased at Argos, Maplins etc.

Thus me stating:
    "So any suggestions for an aerial/booster ideas?
    Ideally not an exterior because its not our property.":thumbsup:

sculpturatus;5328504

£3 for the mount, but I know what you mean. I dont think internal … £3 for the mount, but I know what you mean. I dont think internal aerials will get any better reception than that you already have. Try a booster from Maplins or Argos, but this really only clears the signal rathers than boosts it. They ar designed for send the signal along long tracks of cable, rather than to increase the signal :thumbsup:

yeah this is what i wondered as we use to use one to clear ghosting and fuzzy images. Never to get a better reception as such...

I went through a few aerials (buyng and returning) when i first got my TV....

this one was easily the best one....
    ]http//ww…htm

You can also get one without amplifier ...its like £7..

seriously though. really good indoor aerial...

Original Poster

Issue One;5329894

I went through a few aerials (buyng and returning) when i first got my … I went through a few aerials (buyng and returning) when i first got my TV....this one was easily the best one....]http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5344008/Trail/searchtext%3EINDOOR+AERIALS.htmYou can also get one without amplifier ...its like £7..seriously though. really good indoor aerial...

for that price dont think i can really go wrong anyways. might give it a try.
    Cheers

I've got the top rated rated one from this page: ricability-digitaltv.org.uk/pag…asp from Amazon
    Works a lot better than any other indoor aerial I've tried before and it comes with a pretty decent booster (you can see it work as turn it's power up).

Original Poster

MoneySavingG;5369631

I've got the top rated rated one from this page: … I've got the top rated rated one from this page: http://www.ricability-digitaltv.org.uk/pages/products/indoor_aerials/aerial_search_results.asp from AmazonWorks a lot better than any other indoor aerial I've tried before and it comes with a pretty decent booster (you can see it work as turn it's power up).

cheers.:thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Any solicitors? Leasehold covenant Query "business use"44
      2. Dashcam question58
      3. 4K tv with HDR good deal?11
      4. Battery drain on iOS 111213

See more discussions