DIGITAL CAMERA - 16GB MEMORY - HELP!!

8 replies
Found 30th Nov 2008
I have just bought my daughters each an inexpensive digital camera which has 16gb memory. The camera is SD card compatible.
How many pictures will they be able to take with the 16GB memory?? (Someone told me only about 8!!)
Should I buy an SD card for each camera to expand memory capacity??

Any help greatly appreciated - thanks!!

8 Comments

Depends on how many Megapixels, but she's probably right - about 8

Invest in a 2GB (at least) card - approx £5

If you really mean 16gb then you won't need to add extra memory.

Have you bought 16GB or 16MB. If it's GB (Gigabytes) then they will be taking pictures until the cows come home regardless of the megapixels in your cameras. If it's only megabytes then you should invest in at least a 2 GB card.

Hope this helps.

Someone's confusing their megs and their gigs. If you bought an inexpensive camera, it will certainly not have 16gb. It probably wont even support 16gb.

Banned

you have 16MB in your camera... DONT go ahead and buy a SD card over 2gb before you check that your camera supports SDHC (HC = high capacity) not all cameras support this.

I would buy a 1gb twin pack such as t]his one plenty of photos, i should imagine the megapixel isn't too high if they are cheaper cameras

Banned

dcx_badass;3617623

16mb = about 5 photos16gb = about 5000 photosWhich do you mean?

I have a feeling he means 16MB!

imranmaz;3616571

you have 16MB in your camera... DONT go ahead and buy a SD card over 2gb … you have 16MB in your camera... DONT go ahead and buy a SD card over 2gb before you check that your camera supports SDHC (HC = high capacity) not all cameras support this.

This is very important advice especially now with SDHC cards being so cheap, you must check if your device is compatible as many aren't.

John
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Stock informer35
    2. US GrandPrix Razzmatazz810
    3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428314662
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769612

See more discussions