EXPIRED

Digital Camera

Hi, I'm after a digital camera, I'd like it to be one of the following makes:
Kodak, Canon, Fuji, Sony, Olympus, Panasonic, Konica Minolta, or one of the other major makes(no goodmans or traveller or similar).
The main requirements are:
AA Batteries(if possible)
SD Card
5MP plus
3x or higher optical zoom.

I'm looking to spend around £30 if possible.

Thanks, I also posted this in for sale incase anyone has a second hand one.
hotukdeals.com/ite…era

19 Comments

Banned

have alook at asda , my mum got one for £40 and its 5mp, not sure of the make tho.

My girlfriend is looking to sell her boxed sony dsc-72 cybershot camera if you are interested? It comes boxed as new with all accessories in pretty much new condition with warranty until the end of the year!
Just getting a pic uploaded now...

Takes AA batteries and comes with charger, all proceeds going towards funding her voluntary nursing in South Africa! (where she is right now)
http://i38.tinypic.com/2hd89xy.jpg

Original Poster

Hi, thanks for the offer, sadly that's only 3.2mp which is not enough for what I want. Thanks anyways.

How about something like this ]fuji, above your price range however. but meets most of your requirements..Here is a ]review aswell. Seems to do exactly what it says on the tin.

Thats they type ive looked into anyway...just browsing a few sites. Let me know if im going in the right direction.

I'd reccommend spending a bit extra and getting a better camera as £30 won't get you anything decent really. On your budget, you could always get a half decent older style (film) camera secondhand. Or up the budget to £50+ and get a good basic digital one.

Original Poster

Cheers but it ends up been £51 with postage, I'm looking at a few on ebay that I may get.
@ hdixon85 I already have my Canon Ixus, I just wnat this camera for leeds festival as I don't wanna take my ixus in case I loose it.

Thanks for the replies so far. Also if anyone has one for sale throw them at me aswell(in the thread I linked to in the first post. Thanks.

If it's just a secondry camera, then yeah, second hand here or ebay could be a good option, kodak tends to be cheaper than other brands btw so look for that. Hope you get what you want.

Have a look at these refurbs from Fujifilm - I just got a finepix f40fd today and it is superb!

Really impressed with its low light capability

]Link

Original Poster

I'm having alot of trouble finding one, I've spent days on ebay, but am hitting dead ends, any ideas? I was hoping someone on here might have something. Also small size is a factor. And I need to know by tomorrow really. Thanks.

Ok thanks I think I found one on the Fuji shop, but its £50 with postage, anyone seen a discount code?

For this price point, ebay is really going to be your best bet .. I saw something the other day around that price (auction though) will see if I can find it again..

Original Poster

Thanks, I think I'm going to go with a fuji due to the size, so the choices are:

Fuji F470 - £35 with a minor faul.:
cameras.co.uk/spe…cfm

Fuji A800 - £50:
fujifilm.co.uk/dig…00/

Need to buy it today, thanks.

I may be a bit late, but you could always try the Canon Outlet on ebay, I've bought a couple of cameras from there in the past and they've been delivered very quickly, and looked brand new.

Can't link to it with it being ebay, but if you search for Canon Outlet then you should be able to find it.

Original Poster

Thanks for all the help, the Sony is nice but similar price to a 8mp Fuji I found, and the canon outlet is a little expensive. I'd really appreciate it if someone had a voucher code for the Fuji shop. Thanks.

Mike73;2740017

I may be a bit late, but you could always try the Canon Outlet on ebay, … I may be a bit late, but you could always try the Canon Outlet on ebay, I've bought a couple of cameras from there in the past and they've been delivered very quickly, and looked brand new.Can't link to it with it being ebay, but if you search for Canon Outlet then you should be able to find it.

do they ship in original box or outlet box?
thanks

tsukasai;2742239

do they ship in original box or outlet box?thanks

Honestly can't remember, but I don't think it was the original packaging. I'll try an d see if I've got the box around somewhere!

Mike73;2742278

Honestly can't remember, but I don't think it was the original packaging. … Honestly can't remember, but I don't think it was the original packaging. I'll try an d see if I've got the box around somewhere!

Thanks rep addded :oops: I've been looking to buy the IXUS 950 IS for a long time but don't have enough money. Amazon market place sells it pretty cheap but I'd rather go for canon outlet :oops:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Referbed MACBOOK- thoughts?!22
    2. Which Pond Pump11
    3. Thinking of getting the Fire HD 844
    4. seller asked for IMEI66

See more discussions