Groups
    EXPIRED

Digital Camera Capable of Slow Motion & High Speed Video Recording

I'm looking for a digital camera that offers slowmotion video recording ( High Speed recording) .
    They tend to be expensive but I wonder if anybody's spotted the Samsung WB2000 or Casio Exilim EX-FC150 or Casio Exilim EXZR10 on special offer.
    Alternatively if anyone has one in good condition to sell, please let me know
    Thanks
    Darklight

7 Comments

Could you not use a good HD camera (TZ10) and slow the recording down with some good software on your puter? Just a thought...

Original Poster

Hi , thanks for the suggestion , I am however looking for a one touch solution .. these cameras offer instantly switchable speeds. I ride trials and want to be able to switch to slowmo @ an instants notice when pulling off a move ,
    the casios' offer regular HD 30fps but also allow switching mid-recording to "slowmotion-240 fps" and back as often as you wish.. combine that with the youtube friendly H264 format and near -instant uploads and it's a cinch

Sounds great! I think the Casio Exilim EX-ZR10 looks superb! Just keep an eye on Amazon for the 2am £189.99 price drop for 12 minutes!

Original Poster

oh yeah ..never head of this time-limited reduction offer
    ..I do remember the apple 2am wednesday offers about 4-5 years ago..
    sure thanks ... is this every night on amazon? will it be on tonight though?
    cheers

It was a bit :P (tongue in cheek) but they DO occasionally drop the prices on a lot of items, just to generate a few sales, get listed on places like here etc., and sometimes if you vacate this place after hours, that is when a few nightcrawlers will find such deals...

What I sometimes do is put an item I am interested in on Amazon in to my basket, and not the price (your cam as example, currently £249.99) then I will maybe log in every day or two just to check, as the price CAN sometimes be reduced for reasons above..

.After reading up on it I quite fancy one myself, so if I see a good deal I will post.

Original Poster

rehydrated

It was a bit :P (tongue in cheek) but they DO occasionally drop the … It was a bit :P (tongue in cheek) but they DO occasionally drop the prices on a lot of items, just to generate a few sales, get listed on places like here etc., and sometimes if you vacate this place after hours, that is when a few nightcrawlers will find such deals...What I sometimes do is put an item I am interested in on Amazon in to my basket, and not the price (your cam as example, currently £249.99) then I will maybe log in every day or two just to check, as the price CAN sometimes be reduced for reasons above...After reading up on it I quite fancy one myself, so if I see a good deal I will post.

.ahh I see , thanks for the tip ..do you do any high speed sports yourself or are you just looking to capture everyday high speed "occurances" you know water spalshes , coin drops etc in slowmo ?
    ..quite a few casio vids on vimeo.com
    thanks again for the tip!

Original Poster

BUMP
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Battery drain on iOS 111113
      2. Extractor fan blown? (excuse the pun)11
      3. Biscuit addiction1954
      4. Type 11, 21 or 22 Radiators?11