EXPIRED

Digital Camera? First time...

Hi,

I'm after a digital camera, got about £100 to spend give or take a little. Never owned a camera before so this would be my first luurrrvvvve

Needs to have a Li-ion battery.

Has to be an online retailer so I can get it delivered as I am currently abroad so can't pop in to a store and pick one up myself.

Suggestions?

10 Comments

A tiny bit over budget but a great starter camera.

]http//ww…I44

Golden rule, you can never go wrong with a Canon Ixus - except when it happens to be pink of course! :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Thanks for the link Gavin :thumbsup:

Summoner - from the little reading I have done you seem spot on, the one in Gavin's link is pink and I'm a bloke :oops: may mull it over :thinking:

The chicks you are going to take pictures of will like the pink colour - what else could be more important!? :-D

biryani;4613393

Thanks for the link Gavin :thumbsup:Summoner - from the little reading I … Thanks for the link Gavin :thumbsup:Summoner - from the little reading I have done you seem spot on, the one in Gavin's link is pink and I'm a bloke :oops: may mull it over :thinking:

Sorry, the pink seems to be cheap at the moment. Thought you were a girl from your post. Read it back it is a little girlie!

Original Poster

hahaha it's probably the 'first luurrvvvve' bit!

If I hadn't picked up my Pentax for £60 I would have bought an ]Olympus FE-290, £110 delivered right now.

Compact, good zoom, good lens, wide angle(ish) - The perfect camera for outdoor shots! The only thing that IMO is bad about it is that it uses memory cards.

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/images/product_shots/14239_1218631097.jpg

Original Poster

SUMMONER;4613608

If I hadn't picked up my Pentax for £60 I would have bought an ]Olympus … If I hadn't picked up my Pentax for £60 I would have bought an ]Olympus FE-290, £110 delivered right now.

Thanks Summoner

Also seen this one play.com/Ele…nre get 5% off too with RAC discount code making it £94.99 delivered

and this one hotukdeals.com/ite…de/

Play.com show that a FS6 is due soon, maybe FS5 prices will drop more. Decisions decisions! Too much choice!

Any better or should I just man it up and go for the pink one?

Or carry on waiting...

The Lumix FS5 looks very good. Don't like the Sony, you have to spend £200 to get a decent Cybershot model IMO.

The FS5 has a similar lens to the Olympus, which will make it better than the rest in taking outdoor shots. It uses SD cards, which is good if you have other equipment that uses that too.

]FS6 is on sale for £113 delivered and they even have a ]choice of colours, including a pink one - just for you.

Original Poster

Thanks for your help Summoner, much appreciated, gone for the Lumix FS5.

In Black!!!! hahaha
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Iptv810
    2. Parcel2go - missing parcel to italy33
    3. Random messages from a Mod called CUZZY33
    4. Where has the Freebies section gone ?23

See more discussions