Groups
    EXPIRED

Digital Camera Help

Hello All,

i'm looking for a digital camera for my girlfriend, it will be a christmas present. it will be replacing her current digital camera a Fuji 4.1MP 3xOptZoom, so obviously i'd like it to be higher spec'ed than this one. i think she would prefer a compact one as she mainly carries it around on a night out.

could anyone point me in the right direction? any good reliable sites? looking to pay around £60 if possible, but since i like her at the minute i could stretch for any highly recomended ones.

Thanks

Guerilla

14 Comments

Might be worth checking what kind of memory card she uses at the moment, if she uses then you may want to stick with Fuji as you wouldn't have to buy a new card.

Also, would you consider a refurbished camera, you may well be able to get a better camera for the money.

If you can find a cheap Fuji F20, they seem to be one of the top choices at the moment - probably slightly above your budget but a really excellent camera.

I'll try and have a look for some other options, if I get the time - busy day at the office!

Banned

I've just bought this ]Kodak C743 7.1mp for the mother-in-law, it comes with a memory card in the deal for £64.62 (free delivery at the mo as well)

Hurry though cos yesterday when I bought there were 256 in stock only 212 now...selling like hot cakes

By the way the memory cards are selling 2gb for £8.49 at play.com, so its not expensive to replace

Original Poster

i have considered a refurbished camera, just wouldn't know where to get one. looked at the kodak, seems a nice camera, definitely a possibility. how big/heavy is it? comfortable to handle?

appreciate the help, keep it coming!

UltimoScorpion

I've just bought this ]Kodak C743 7.1mp for the mother-in-law, it comes … I've just bought this ]Kodak C743 7.1mp for the mother-in-law, it comes with a memory card in the deal for £64.62 (free delivery at the mo as well)Hurry though cos yesterday when I bought there were 256 in stock only 212 now...selling like hot cakesBy the way the memory cards are selling 2gb for £8.49 at play.com, so its not expensive to replace

You'll shift those Kodak's if it kills you (hehe)

F20 all the way if you can lay your hands on one :thumbsup:

Banned

guerilla

i have considered a refurbished camera, just wouldn't know where to get … i have considered a refurbished camera, just wouldn't know where to get one. looked at the kodak, seems a nice camera, definitely a possibility. how big/heavy is it? comfortable to handle?appreciate the help, keep it coming!

If you want a refurb, the same model as the one I posted above is available from Ebuyer as a refurb for £54 (gotter say I would pay the extra tenner for a new one, as it also comes with a 512mb memory card)

My 5yr old son uses this camera with some great results, so as far a weight goes, unless your girlfriend blows away in a strong wind she'll be OK :thumbsup:

:giggle:

Banned

mikeyw

You'll shift those Kodak's if it kills you (hehe)

I wish I was on commission!!!

I would recommend the F20, but you cant find them anywhere for a decent price.:giggle:

Original Poster

if somewhere (ebuyer) lists an item as grade A what the hell does that mean??

Banned

guerilla

if somewhere (ebuyer) lists an item as grade a what the hell does that … if somewhere (ebuyer) lists an item as grade a what the hell does that mean??

Means it a refurb, but a top notch one, comes with a years warranty, usually its a screen replacement

Original Poster

any other recommendation people?

I'd jump on that F20 deal at Fuji sharpish.

Original Poster

i'm afraid i cant jump on anything sharpish as i dont get paid till friday

Credit card ?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Need foreign euro spend card, only 40% eligibility for Halifax Clarity but …67
      2. Sky33
      3. Does anybody have a spare now tv entertainment pass please?11
      4. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!1721

See more discussions