Groups
    EXPIRED

Digital Camera help needed

Banned
    Boss has asked me for a semi decent digital camera for work, around 5-6mp for a decent price

only condition is it needs to be available to buy online

Help please folks xxx

13 Comments

The most important question is - what are you going to photograph?

Original Poster Banned

websearcher;4064088

The most important question is - what are you going to photograph?

Dunno....its for one of the other managers, probs warehouse etc so dim locations mostly

Daughter had ]this for xmas, depends on what spec you need.

More info would help

Original Poster Banned

greg_68;4064152

Daughter had ]this for xmas, depends on what spec you need.More info … Daughter had ]this for xmas, depends on what spec you need.More info would help

What else you need to know? Can throw some questions to him

he says its gonna be used mostly for taking pictures of products in the warehouse, its bit dim in there so good flash probs, obvo work @ Screwfix so you can imagine sort of products we sell

Original Poster Banned

acecatcher3;4064200

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5605606/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CPhotography%7C10198049/c_2/2%7Ccat_10198049%7CClearance%2Bphotography%7C10244284.htm

You recommend that Luke or shall I go for Greg's option?

I mean most products in boxes so its not gonna have to be a proper pro camera?!

ODB_69;4064189

What else you need to know? Can throw some questions to himhe says its … What else you need to know? Can throw some questions to himhe says its gonna be used mostly for taking pictures of products in the warehouse, its bit dim in there so good flash probs, obvo work @ Screwfix so you can imagine sort of products we sell

You need something with a good macro lens. Look at the Nikon D40 (around £230 last time I looked) and look at getting a proper macro (close up) lens as the one that comes with it won't do if you're taking photos of screws!

you'll be hard pressed to find anything as good as the D40 for the money and its a proper DSLR, so you can do whatever you want with it.

Don't use the flash if you can help it, get a big lamp! Much better results.

ODB_69;4064245

You recommend that Luke or shall I go for Greg's option?I mean most … You recommend that Luke or shall I go for Greg's option?I mean most products in boxes so its not gonna have to be a proper pro camera?!

ah, is this just a general purpose camera for snaps rather than photos that'll be seen by the public?

Original Poster Banned

chrishill;4064272

ah, is this just a general purpose camera for snaps rather than photos … ah, is this just a general purpose camera for snaps rather than photos that'll be seen by the public?

Yup!

more for internal business not pro pics for website...thats a HQ job, were just DC

go for either bud, ones £20 odd less but sony are good cams and thats a personal recommendation so i guess u cant lose there.

ODB_69;4064287

Yup!more for internal business not pro pics for website...thats a HQ job, … Yup!more for internal business not pro pics for website...thats a HQ job, were just DC

:-D gotcha, I'd go for the nikon of those two, its £20 cheaper and will still be more than good enough for what you're doing.

Probably get dropped, lost or nicked so go for the cheaper one. Will be adequate and more brownie points for you.

Original Poster Banned

Cheers guys, have sent the info on

GREAT JOB
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would28112
      2. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway23
      3. Underrated/unappreciated movies.2841
      4. word association Game74044555

See more discussions