Digital Camera Retailers - bit of a nightmare?

2 replies
Found 2nd May 2010
In short I'm on the lookout for a good digicam deal as my old Nikon has gone to the grave.

~10MP, some manual controls, v small, decent battery life, SD capable etc.

I'm not looking for a deal request - just wondering what shops I should keep my eye on for any special offers. DSG really annoy me in this respect because camera retailers produce 'special' models for them which have to presence on the web (so no reviews etc) obviously made with the very cheapest parts from the bin.

Would prefer to buy from a store with presence on the high street (for warranty purposes) but if anyone knows of any awesome online refurb stores etc please share. The Fuji one has nothing in I like at the moment and Jessops have a poorer selection than I would have thought.

2 Comments

I deal with the London Camera Exchange and they are excellent. You can deal either at your local one or go online and see what's in their other shops. They also have great second hand deals and a rating system that can be trusted.

Original Poster

mimosasttropez;8507467

I deal with the London Camera Exchange and they are excellent. You can … I deal with the London Camera Exchange and they are excellent. You can deal either at your local one or go online and see what's in their other shops. They also have great second hand deals and a rating system that can be trusted.

Looks mega-useful but there isn't one nearby. I surfed over to the new cameras page and saw the Pentax H90 which looks ace for my needs and I've found an amazing deal for it online which I will post later. Rep for you.

whatsThePoint;8507773

https://secure.fujifilm.co.uk/shop/consumer/digital/digital-cameras/view-allhttp://shop.kodak.co.uk/store/ekconseu/en_GB/list/Refurbished_Digital_Cameras/categoryID.28920900

Cheers for the links - hope they help someone

If I had a little more to spend or didn't want something quite so compact I would certainly use the fuji shop.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52322830
    2. Add one, leave one game54315396
    3. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would35148
    4. The HUKD Wuntu code sharing thread! (Three Mobile)95193

See more discussions