EXPIRED

Digital Camera Wanted

hi guys,
ive got between £200-£250 to spend on a decent digital camera but not slr as ill need to carry it around in my pocket etc
i want a good 10+mp as well,im only a novice but like a nice clear picture to blow up to put on the wall-also definately a widescreen version as i use it alot at custom car shows etc
thanks in advance
simon

9 Comments

i have owned 2 panasonic cameras and am on the verge of buying my third all in the tz range, i'm going to buy a tz7, its won lots of awards, and you can get it for £220-£230 so thats my recommendation

yeah , i want this one also , would like a proper camera but haven't the cash for that so next best id the TZ7 just need to find best price , oh and have the cash !

waycash;6969235

i have owned 2 panasonic cameras and am on the verge of buying my third … i have owned 2 panasonic cameras and am on the verge of buying my third all in the tz range, i'm going to buy a tz7, its won lots of awards, and you can get it for £220-£230 so thats my recommendation

+1 :thumbsup:

I have owned a Sony DSC-W1 for 3 years now, and at the price range you are looking at I would buy myself a new one. The W series has a great CCD, I seem to recall it is called a HAD. All I know is that every picture I decide to print frok it, I dont have to mess with it before I print it. I used to have a Fuji, and I always had to add more Red to it to make the colours look more natural. I have printed some of my friends Panasonic, and the one he had I cant remember which model number all I remember is that it has a 18x zoom lens. The reason he used to give them to me to print was that they were always either blurred or under exposed. I think this is the problem with the long lenses. Stick with a high res 10mpixel+, but dont go past 5x optical. The 18x optical cheat, because they start at about 18mm, and you will find that even indoors from about 4 feet away you will be using the zoom, so whats the point of having that huge range, then at full 18x optical they cant get enough light in them indoors so you will always need the flash, then at full optical you need good sunlight or else you will get camera shake
A good reference before you buy any camera is dpreview.com/ they have reviews from both profesionals and private member of the public.
Hope this helps you

esq3585;6970973

+1 :thumbsup:

+2

I'm looking for one around £100.. could anyone recommend one in this range please?

mitchwales;6974238

I'm looking for one around £100.. could anyone recommend one in this … I'm looking for one around £100.. could anyone recommend one in this range please?

you can probably find an older Lumix model for that price.
Or maybe try a canon Ixus - therye nice models too.

Original Poster

cheers for the info guys
ive bought the panasonic lumix TZ7

toosmiles;6984454

cheers for the info guysive bought the panasonic lumix TZ7

Fantastic camera. :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Which Camera?!!!11
    2. How to pay for uber journey?11