Digital games and selling an xbox one console

Found 2nd Apr 2015
I'm selling my xbox one and it has on it Fifa 15 and Dying Light Ultimate Edition on the HDD digital copies. I have removed my gamertag sign in from it and these games still play, does this mean that they will be playable by the new owner? / If not is there a way to be able to? I can provide log in details and allow the account that Dying Light was bought with to go to the new owner if this makes a difference. Thankyou
Community Updates
AskGames ConsoleXbox
9 Comments
The games will still be able to be accessed until you change your home console settings. So, if you were to get another console, and sign in with your current details and set that as your home console you will then have access to the games, and the one you sold will not
benjammin316

The games will still be able to be accessed until you change your home … The games will still be able to be accessed until you change your home console settings. So, if you were to get another console, and sign in with your current details and set that as your home console you will then have access to the games, and the one you sold will not

Thankyou, is there no way around sorting this out? Will the games always be attached in some way to my gamertag?
I'm guessing this is why I'm not getting good offers as the games are in effect temporary although I don't think i'll ever go back to xbox again
The games are tied to your gamertag yes, you can have 2 licenses however, hence why gamesharing is a thing on the Xbox One.

Where do you plan to sell? If on here, then no games on the HDD can be available. But on eBay this wouldn't be a problem, if you're not getting another xbox one, then this won't be an issue.
benjammin316

The games are tied to your gamertag yes, you can have 2 licenses however, … The games are tied to your gamertag yes, you can have 2 licenses however, hence why gamesharing is a thing on the Xbox One.Where do you plan to sell? If on here, then no games on the HDD can be available. But on eBay this wouldn't be a problem, if you're not getting another xbox one, then this won't be an issue.

I've so far tried Gumtree and Facebook with no offers! And when you say two licences does the home xbox thing still apply with my gamertag or can the new gamertag take over as the main licence?
Luciegoose

I've so far tried Gumtree and Facebook with no offers! And when you say … I've so far tried Gumtree and Facebook with no offers! And when you say two licences does the home xbox thing still apply with my gamertag or can the new gamertag take over as the main licence?

New gamertag will take over yours, what were you asking for for it?
benjammin316

New gamertag will take over yours, what were you asking for for it?

So if I changed another xbox to home with my gamertag it would be ok? I'm about 99% sure i'll be staying with ps now but don't want to mess it up for the buyer!
I just put offers as I'm not sure. It has 7 months unregistered warranty boxed no kinect. I've hardly played it, some games I didn't even install (got 7 more disk games too) Any ideas what I should be looking for?
Luciegoose

So if I changed another xbox to home with my gamertag it would be ok? I'm … So if I changed another xbox to home with my gamertag it would be ok? I'm about 99% sure i'll be staying with ps now but don't want to mess it up for the buyer!I just put offers as I'm not sure. It has 7 months unregistered warranty boxed no kinect. I've hardly played it, some games I didn't even install (got 7 more disk games too) Any ideas what I should be looking for?

If you get another xbox, and put in your account details, it will become your home console, and the console you sold will lose the rights to play them games. (all the time IT is the home console, it has the rights to play them)

Well, Xbox one with the masterchief collection and some dvd is going for £250 in asda at the moment, I'd say around £200 is fair without the games, what are the games you have? As maybe CEX or eBay for the games
benjammin316

If you get another xbox, and put in your account details, it will become … If you get another xbox, and put in your account details, it will become your home console, and the console you sold will lose the rights to play them games. (all the time IT is the home console, it has the rights to play them)Well, Xbox one with the masterchief collection and some dvd is going for £250 in asda at the moment, I'd say around £200 is fair without the games, what are the games you have? As maybe CEX or eBay for the games

Farcry 4, COD AW, The Crew, Shadow of Mordor, Dead Rising 3, Destiny, Watchdogs. Just bought a PS4 cost me £170 and a Linx 7 tab... unboxed with two controllers GTA 5 and Assassins Creed Unity
Is this still the case ?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants