Groups

DIGITAL help

OK have an old Toshiba TV but worked great with new roof arial and Humax digibox recorder.

Then last year, digital switchover...........Initially, I tried all the usual things, retuned, reloaded etc. Spent lots of time on phone helplines. It did improve some things but still left with,

BBC Wales instead of NWest BBC.
    Frequent breaking up / slight scrambling of the picture and sound.
    Remote control stops working, or partly works. (Humax tell me this can happen!)
    Does not always record progs, or misses off some of a series.

Going for surgery soon and will be off recovering. How can I get things back to the way they were before the switchover ? i.e working perfectly?

Any help appreciated guys

7 Comments

Original Poster

OR is it time for a new TV...........?

A new TV aerial that is suitable for your location, properly aligned, will get your pictures stable.

As far as your Humax Receiver is concerned, check for new over the air software updates, that should sort the problems out with that.

Original Poster

Arial was totally replaced a few months before we went digital and was working really well.....before digital. Humax updated regularly.

Thanks for the help anyway
    Edited by: "iglimpse" 3rd Dec 2010

Original Poster

Rats, it did not record Come Dine with me. Totally random, the ones it choses to records....or not

Humax seem to have lost interest now as well........so looks like new TV for Xmas.

iglimpse

Arial was totally replaced a few months before we went digital and was … Arial was totally replaced a few months before we went digital and was working really well.....before digital. Humax updated regularly.Thanks for the help anyway

Your aerial may well need replacing or re-aligning.. , even though it is quite new.

I doubt that a new TV will give any different results.

Original Poster

Inactive

Your aerial may well need replacing or re-aligning.. , even though it is … Your aerial may well need replacing or re-aligning.. , even though it is quite new.I doubt that a new TV will give any different results.

I can see how this might help with the picture breaking up but not all the other problems I'm having, surely?

Nothing to do with the TV...

Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio78
      2. Any Xbox One news today?2356127
      3. What do these 2 men have in common1117
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?31139

See more discussions