Groups

digital optical lead for ps3 xbox 360 - help

does anyone know if there is such a thing available that you can plug one optical lead into 2 consoles

The thing is i've got a ps3 and xbox360 but only one optical input on my surround sound system, so every time i want to switch between the 2 i have to unplug the lead and plug it into the other console

Not a big effort i know, but if there was such a thing out there, i'd like to get one

6 Comments

Yea, you can get them (I bought one off ebay - it was called an optical switch, funnily enough!)... only thing was, it would work fine with my PS3 and Amplifier, but no matter what, the Xbox wouldn't work through it...

I even sent it back to the company I bought it from on ebay, and paid more for the better one, and THAT didn't work with the 360 either!

Weird!

midlandscomics;2604901

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?criteria=optical%20switcher&source=15&SD=Y :thumbsup:

That's the more expensive one I tried, that wouldn't work with the 360 (paid about £8 all in off ebay for it, and sold it on here for £1.50 in my clearout thread, hehe)

got mine for £3.50 off ebay

Original Poster

cheers for the help :thumbsup:

I once merged 4 inputs into one using the cheap 2way splitters off ebay.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway1918
      2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would30124
      3. word association Game74044563
      4. Does anyone have a Sky voucher code that they wont use?33

See more discussions