Groups

Digital Photo Help!

My girlfriends cousin has copied some photos from a PC that i done some work on to put on his other PC, problem is they look ok on the thumbnail but once opened they're distorted (example in next post) and theyre all like it.

Any ideas anyone? can post the IExif if thats of any help as well.

11 Comments

Have the originals been deleted or can they be recovered,,If they have been corrupted while moving they may not be salvagable,

Original Poster

tonyg1962;6197499

Have the originals been deleted or can they be recovered,,If they have … Have the originals been deleted or can they be recovered,,If they have been corrupted while moving they may not be salvagable,

no the original pc was formatted and reinstalled :x

You can try opening them using different software,I assume you are using windows picture and fax viewer ?.
    you can just try opening one in paint ,

Original Poster

tonyg1962;6197588

You can try opening them using different software,I assume you are using … You can try opening them using different software,I assume you are using windows picture and fax viewer ?.you can just try opening one in paint ,

paint, firefox, and internet explorer all view it the same way

Where's the example?

Original Poster

chesso;6201455

Where's the example?

sorry i uploaded it but never posted it, here we go.

[IMG]i357.photobucket.com/alb…jpg?t=1252019678[/IMG]

Well you need someone more knowledgeable than me.
    I don't understand why the image in the exif wouldn't be the same as the full size image. Sorry.

Banned

don't think you will be able to do anything with that I'm afraid, looks like it was corrupted while moving

Original Poster

chesso;6201568

Well you need someone more knowledgeable than me.I don't understand why … Well you need someone more knowledgeable than me.I don't understand why the image in the exif wouldn't be the same as the full size image. Sorry.

cheers anyways...which reminds me to check the photo thread again!

colinsunderland;6201570

don't think you will be able to do anything with that I'm afraid, looks … don't think you will be able to do anything with that I'm afraid, looks like it was corrupted while moving

thats my worry! but there was 100s of his photos and theyre all like it!

colinsunderland;6201570

don't think you will be able to do anything with that I'm afraid, looks … don't think you will be able to do anything with that I'm afraid, looks like it was corrupted while moving

agreed

Original Poster

deathtrap3000;6201612

agreed

any ideas if there is anyway to fix them though?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4671409
      2. word association Game74044564
      3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17876391
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767413

See more discussions