Digital Piano (Advice needed)

Found 18th Apr 2010
Looking at getting a digital piano for the wife, but we both don't know a lot about them, she wants one with three pedals and weighted keys.

Is this any good?

cgi.ebay.co.uk/DIG…a6c

7 Comments

Original Poster

Ebay item : 180494703212

Banned

Having played with just about all of them over the years, save up and get a yamaha clavinova, or a casio celviano digital piano

nothing else is the same, i prefer the feel of the casio ones (just) over the yamaha.
the base models of the celviano used go for around 4-500 or a new one get bet got for 675

features you want to check or ask about are: transpose, and 3 pedals instead of the 2

features you dont need, rhythyms or loads of sounds

(the basic ones have at least 8, including a couple of piano sounds, electric pianos, couple or organs and a metronome anyway)

Banned

Bad english on the item description. Also says 'if you receive the guitar'

I would concur with above. I have the Yamaha YDP131R, which was the entry-level clavinova a few years back. It's been discontinued and replaced by the YDP140. You can find it here:

ukpianos.co.uk/yam…tml

You can't go wrong for this price. Although, if you can afford an extra £300 (i.e. £1000) then the more upmarket models have more features, a display and better speakers. However, the action and sound on this model is very, very good.

Original Poster

Transpose?

Banned

Adam2050;8395790

Transpose?

you play in one key, say C
and it shifts the tones up or down, so it sounds like you are playing in say, G

Original Poster

jubbyme;8395801

you play in one key, say Cand it shifts the tones up or down, so it … you play in one key, say Cand it shifts the tones up or down, so it sounds like you are playing in say, G

Ahh thanks, given this a little bump for now.
Post a comment
@
    Text