Found 11th Oct 2010
My holiday pics from italy were all taken in raw format ( or arw as they are showjn on the pc) from my sony slr - ive tried to convert them into jpeg with very poor results with quality being very poor

So my query is are there any photo print companies that print direct from raw format?

Daniel

1. Misc
  2. Print
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Print
12 Comments

have you got photoshop?

or lightroom? they convert them nicely . lightroom has a 30 day free trial x

Original Poster

lanc_red

have you got photoshop?

gOT PHOTOSHOP 7.0

Carlafandango

or lightroom? they convert them nicely . lightroom has a 30 day free … or lightroom? they convert them nicely . lightroom has a 30 day free trial x

yep. OP basically you have shot your pics in format that needs converting using a proper post process app. sounds like youve just tried to simply convert to jpg. this wont work properly as the data isnt read properly from the RAW file.

dont panic. unless you really have ckd up!! remember to RTFM next time.....!!

Original Poster

lanc_red

yep. OP basically you have shot your pics in format that needs converting … yep. OP basically you have shot your pics in format that needs converting using a proper post process app. sounds like youve just tried to simply convert to jpg. this wont work properly as the data isnt read properly from the RAW file.dont panic. unless you really have ckd up!! remember to RTFM next time.....!!

I clicked jpeg and raw on the camera settings when i bought it but when i got back it was set on raw and all the 800 phots are raw - which is fine for on the computer but not for fbook or printing etc

OP try this link Tutorial

Original Poster

Cant even open it in photoshop !!!!!!!!!!! Wrong format - dont get it

Its not even showing as raw it comes as ARW format
Edited by: "dandoc2" 11th Oct 2010

dandoc2

Cant even open it in photoshop !!!!!!!!!!! Wrong format - dont get it Its … Cant even open it in photoshop !!!!!!!!!!! Wrong format - dont get it Its not even showing as raw it comes as ARW format

did the camera come with any software? suspect that will do it if you have a disc.....

Original Poster

Have found some software in my box for the camera will try that

Looks like you need a plugin to open RAWs with PS 7.0

kb2.adobe.com/cps…tml

Original Poster

oldmanhouse

Looks like you need a plugin to open RAWs with PS … Looks like you need a plugin to open RAWs with PS 7.0[url=http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/407/kb407110.html]http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/407/kb407110.html[/url]

Note to self : Always take the photo in jpeg ( although lower quality)

Download GIMP - and get UFRaw plug-in - allows you to convert the ARW files into whatever format you want - and gives option of keeping the RAW files - you can also save photos in ARW and JPG when you take them
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Whatsup number, confused44
    2. What is gearbest like on warranty?79
    3. changing a dimmer swith to normal light switch34
    4. Swimming goggles for 3 year old21

See more discussions