Found 17th Nov 2007
I am looking for a digital SLR camera for around £300-£400 ish, pref take SD cards. Want it to be around 7mp or above if poss.

I have a 7mp one now but want a bigger, better as i have been asigned to take some photos when needed some glamour type ones for my mate, so really want a good one that will do the job nicely:santa:

6 Comments

More pixels does not necessary mean a better camera.

You will also have to take into consideration the lens kit that comes with the camera, no good spending a lot of money if your getting a poor lense with it.

I'm very happey with my Nikon D40 (6mp) they also do a D40x (10mp)

Yeah get a 12 megapixel camera it'll be amazing :roll:...just like a 3litre car will always be faster than a 2litre engine !

The D40 will delivery you some awesome results and comes in at around £260 ehich is staggering VFM :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Must admit i have been looking at the D40 and it looks nice, gets good reviews, its only for these shots and scenery photos i want a nice SLR for.

amcol

so really want a good one that will do the job nicely:santa:

Good pots and pans do not create amazing meals - trained, experienced and knowledgable chefs do!

Dont be tricked into thinking a few extra megapixels will give you amazing photos! There is so much more to image quality than mp!

amcol

Must admit i have been looking at the D40 and it looks nice, gets good … Must admit i have been looking at the D40 and it looks nice, gets good reviews, its only for these shots and scenery photos i want a nice SLR for.

have a look at a few examples here
flickr.com/cam…40/

Original Poster

Fantastic photos!! Just what i want - now to hunt the best bargain out there!!!!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The ultimate Sunday roast only £5.46 for 4 people at ASDA21128
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769544
    3. Exploding Paw Patrol foam soap Leaves child in ICU11
    4. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet3065

See more discussions