Groups

Digital TV

Evening all.
    My 78yo mother in law needs to upgrade her tv ready for the digital switchover, she has on old CRT and a VHS video recorder.
    I know that she just has to add a freeview box, but i'm not sure if the VHS will still work. Anybody know?
    Thanks

5 Comments

Original Poster

dcx_badass

Why wouldn't it.

Thought I read somewhere that they wouldnt work with digital signals, just wanted to be sure

steadyeddie

Thought I read somewhere that they wouldnt work with digital signals, … Thought I read somewhere that they wouldnt work with digital signals, just wanted to be sure

It will work fine.

Original Poster

dcx_badass

Connect like this:Freeview box Scart VCR Scart TVThat will run … Connect like this:Freeview box > Scart > VCR > Scart > TVThat will run freeview through the VCR and she can record what's on the TV, will only be able to record what she's watching as the VCR's tuner won't work (analogue only). Can still watch Videos fine aswell.

That's great.
    What about the aerial cable, would that go the same route?

Original Poster

dcx_badass

Only needed into the freeview box and nothing else.

Many thanks

My gf nan is 96 and having the freeview box was to problematic.

In the end bought a new tv and a big button one for all remote as she couldn't read the no's on the new remote.
    Still only watches 1234!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial1220
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764435
      3. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?1631
      4. Anyone else used www.completesavings.co.uk11

See more discussions