Groups

Dilemma

I've got a dilemma, one of my friend is a forever living rep, and tries to push some of the products, which i don't really believe are as natural as they claim, and as I'm tight (they're expensive), and not sure about them, have managed so far to avoid buying. Did a swap with her with some aloe gel, which I didn't mind, and have been thinking about getting again, but looking at the ingredients, I've found some on amazon that is 1) cheaper and 2) doesn't contain any of the rubbish hers does. I've known her as while and she's a really good friend who comes regularly for dinner so concerned she'd see it in the fridge and get offended. What would you do?

50 Comments

put it somewhere she won't see it and then ask for a discount from her.

Buy the cheaper 'better' one if you want to and if she does notice it in the fridge, you could always say it was a gift?

Original Poster

davewave

put it somewhere she won't see it and then ask for a discount from her.

Thanks! :)I have asked already, she said she'd do cost price think will just go for the cheap one and say I was trying bit out to see the difference or as suggested by chuckiedoll

Original Poster

chuckiedoll

Buy the cheaper 'better' one if you want to and if she does notice it in … Buy the cheaper 'better' one if you want to and if she does notice it in the fridge, you could always say it was a gift?

Great idea, I'll say some of my mates from school run got it for me, she doesn't know them, and say I was trying it to see the difference. Dilemma solved!

Banned

This is weird you post this because a lady I work with sells this. Only today one of the girls was saying how she trys to force her to become a rep for her and sell it herself when she's told her she has no interest numerous times. Desperate little leeches trying to force all this ''natural'' crap off and make you feel bad not for buying.

I would tell your mate if they are that easily offended to kindly **** off.

Explain it's a pyramid scheme and that you don't want to buy it for the reasons stated.

If she is supposed to be your friend and she's making you feel obliged to buy her product (which she will know are expensive for what they are), surely that is worse than you potentially offending her?

Banned

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

Explain it's a pyramid scheme and that you don't want to buy it for the … Explain it's a pyramid scheme and that you don't want to buy it for the reasons stated.

I think you would make a good Forever rep HEAWD, you talk a lot of nonsense and make it sound convincing!

Original Poster

MrScotchBonnet

This is weird you post this because a lady I work with sells this. Only … This is weird you post this because a lady I work with sells this. Only today one of the girls was saying how she trys to force her to become a rep for her and sell it herself when she's told her she has no interest numerous times. Desperate little leeches trying to force all this ''natural'' crap off and make you feel bad not for buying. I would tell your mate if they are that easily offended to kindly **** off.

It's a weird thing, because I've known her for years, and have felt awkward a lot of the time when she starts banging on about it because honestly the products are way overpriced for fairly basic products. I mean I swear by aloe vera for burns, I have plants in the house which we use regularly, but I just think the products are full of cr*p, and when I mentioned the parabens they use, which any "natural" cosmetic would shun, she got slightly annoyed with me the whole thing is a fraud in my opinion and I tried tonwarn her when she joined, but to no avail...

I'd be telling my friend plainly and politely that I'm not interested in what they sell, if they take offence to that then that's their problem. No need to dance around the issue, sounds like an uncomfortable friendship to me.

I'd buy new friends with the money I'd save buying the cheaper one.

Edited by: "A1512" 7th Feb

Maybe grow a pair
    Or
    Remain a doormat

You decide! Hth

Banned

LillyM

It's a weird thing, because I've known her for years, and have felt … It's a weird thing, because I've known her for years, and have felt awkward a lot of the time when she starts banging on about it because honestly the products are way overpriced for fairly basic products. I mean I swear by aloe vera for burns, I have plants in the house which we use regularly, but I just think the products are full of cr*p, and when I mentioned the parabens they use, which any "natural" cosmetic would shun, she got slightly annoyed with me the whole thing is a fraud in my opinion and I tried tonwarn her when she joined, but to no avail...

She's been sucked in and brainwashed like they all have.

transit

Maybe grow a pairOrRemain a doormatYou decide! Hth

You have such a way with words X)

I'd show her it and tell her, her products are crap. Why lie ? Why not inform her.

Original Poster

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

Explain it's a pyramid scheme and that you don't want to buy it for the … Explain it's a pyramid scheme and that you don't want to buy it for the reasons stated.

She argues it's not and it's a multi level marketing company...

LillyM

She argues it's not and it's a multi level marketing company...

Lol.. see if she can draw the organizational chart for you...

tell the truth and give her a 10p pack if hankies you don't want her growing up deluded do you , she's supposed to be a friend after all she will thank you in the long term

Original Poster

moneysavingkitten

If she is supposed to be your friend and she's making you feel obliged to … If she is supposed to be your friend and she's making you feel obliged to buy her product (which she will know are expensive for what they are), surely that is worse than you potentially offending her?

Yes she is, and she doesn't push them too much, think she got it when I told her about the parabens, but it's probably me who'd feel awkward more than anything, I know she wants to do this full time instead of her job, so to use a product she sells from another brand might look like some kind of betrayal? Dunno, anyway will buy the one online, will see what happens

Tell her that she is never going to get the coveted and mythological Mini

Original Poster

bynouk

I'd be telling my friend plainly and politely that I'm not interested in … I'd be telling my friend plainly and politely that I'm not interested in what they sell, if they take offence to that then that's their problem. No need to dance around the issue, sounds like an uncomfortable friendship to me.

It's been slightly but because of forever living where everyone you know becomes a potential customer...we're close otherwise...

Drink some rum.

Original Poster

transit

Maybe grow a pairOrRemain a doormatYou decide! Hth

No it doesn't, but that's cool, plenty of people have
    Edited by: "LillyM" 7th Feb

Banned

I'm getting a notification everytime you reply to someone LillyM saying you have replied to me. How odd.

Original Poster

Aiden1512

I'd buy new friends with the money I'd save buying the cheaper one.

He he he, would you know if they're available on prime?

Original Poster

paulsalmon77

Lol.. see if she can draw the organizational chart for you...

Maybe I should, think that would hit a nerve, to be fair it's done wonders for her personally, she's more confident, etc, just the n products are b*llocks!

Original Poster

MrScotchBonnet

I'm getting a notification everytime you reply to someone LillyM saying … I'm getting a notification everytime you reply to someone LillyM saying you have replied to me. How odd.

I'm stalking you.....8)

Original Poster

MrScotchBonnet

She's been sucked in and brainwashed like they all have.

She has! Such a shame, I'm sure she'll see the light one day

LillyM

Yes she is, and she doesn't push them too much, think she got it when I … Yes she is, and she doesn't push them too much, think she got it when I told her about the parabens, but it's probably me who'd feel awkward more than anything, I know she wants to do this full time instead of her job, so to use a product she sells from another brand might look like some kind of betrayal? Dunno, anyway will buy the one online, will see what happens

Sounds like you might be saving her from a fall by being truthful...

Original Poster

tomminator

tell the truth and give her a 10p pack if hankies you don't want her … tell the truth and give her a 10p pack if hankies you don't want her growing up deluded do you , she's supposed to be a friend after all she will thank you in the long term

She's so into it at the no, it's well awkward. I do try here and there to bring things up, but she has all the spiel to counteract arguments...

Anyone remember Amway

Original Poster

batezy_1984

Tell her that she is never going to get the coveted and mythological Mini

Yeah that also, I mean already my area is full of fl reps, how are they suppose to recruit and make money? It's advertised everywhere. I saw an ad in a mag before she got into it, checked it out and looked wonderful and then realised what it entailed, so didn't pursue. It had scam written all over it...

archer1204

Anyone remember Amway

Absolute carp at sky high prices. It could only have come from the good old USofA.

Original Poster

moneysavingkitten

Sounds like you might be saving her from a fall by being truthful...

Yeah for sure, it's how I go about it, I'm not really known for being very tactful oO have been called rude many a time for speaking !y mind and offending some of my mates...

Original Poster

thewongwing101

Drink some rum.

Whisky's my tipple of choice, though I doubt that a shot of that would have the same effect, especially in the morning, I'm already a fierce contender for mum of the year amongst my friends, think this would seal the deal, lol
    Edited by: "LillyM" 7th Feb

Just say you don't want to buy it. How is this a dilemma?

Original Poster

RossD89

Just say you don't want to buy it. How is this a dilemma?

That's not the dilemma, which has now been solved, it was that I want to get a better (in my eyes) version of an product she sells, and was worried she'd see it and it'd be awkward.

Original Poster

archer1204

Anyone remember Amway

I've just read this this is exactly how fl operate. Maybe I should show it to her...

LillyM

That's not the dilemma, which has now been solved, it was that I want to … That's not the dilemma, which has now been solved, it was that I want to get a better (in my eyes) version of an product she sells, and was worried she'd see it and it'd be awkward.

That is exactly the "dilemma"... just say you don't want it
    Edited by: "RossD89" 7th Feb

Original Poster

Thanks peeps for the input, I've ordered the one I wanted, will see next time she comes around if she spots it in the fridge
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I've just had a flame deer pop up on my page , I'm confused22
      2. PRINGLES SPEAKER CODES33
      3. sky +box out of contract and using iplayer and ondemand22
      4. Anyone tried the Tyrells website for the mini competition?22

See more discussions