Groups

dimplex springbourne

has anyone got one of these fires?? cheapest i have found is from a retailer called trading post appliances? and argos are selling it for £119.99.

Also it says optiflame coal effect, as its an electric fire will it have real coal in it for decoration or fake plastic cheap mank stuff?

Pics after the jump

8 Comments

Original Poster

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/414dKu5AxUL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

surely if it had real coal in the coal would burn then what do you do?

heh there you go then - how strange......

Original Poster

thats what i thought worto but from all the descriptions it seems to say it has got real ones hmm,

Banned

I had one of these Optiflame fires a few years back, everyone thought it was a real gas fire but it only lasted about 8 months before it packed in. Phoned up under the guarantee and was told it couldn't be repaired and to take it back and get a refund. BTW, it was lumps of joking coal as oppsed to the plastic strip coal that you see in many fires.

I too find this strange. I bet it is the pottery type coal that is made to look like the real thing. They probably state it like this to show that it is not the plastic effect coals on the old electric fires.

Original Poster

churchy2704;2503625

I had one of these Optiflame fires a few years back, everyone thought it … I had one of these Optiflame fires a few years back, everyone thought it was a real gas fire but it only lasted about 8 months before it packed in. Phoned up under the guarantee and was told it couldn't be repaired and to take it back and get a refund. BTW, it was lumps of joking coal as oppsed to the plastic strip coal that you see in many fires.

what do you mean by joking coal
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I have 2 spare netflix slots and a spotify share.917
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047185
      3. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery1627
      4. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)64491

See more discussions