Found 5th Dec 2009
Have a nice old 6111 Nokia which I use as a work phone, also a 6500 for me. In an attempt to organise my life better (not just because I am finding it harder to edit / fiddle with number changes via the phone!) decided to get a dongle to connect both phones to computer to make things easier to organise.

OK would dearly love an IPhone to transofrm my life but not an option just now. Also, my teens would love one so I would feel guilty getting one just for me!

Bought a Bluetooth USB adapter. Came with a mini CD. Cannot seem to get this to install fully. The Bluetooth icon did appear on the task bar but when asked to search, did not find anything after I plugged in the dongle.

So before I even begin to get the phones to recognise the computer, I don't think it has properley installed, it just asks me what version of Windows then seems to die after that.

Any suggestions how to get this to install properly?

12 Comments

Banned

is this one of the cheapie ones, the cds are crap that come with them, you need to download from site

has any ever plugged anything into a pc, phone or telly that actually just started to work? plug in and play my *****.

Original Poster

chezz2;7124397

has any ever plugged anything into a pc, phone or telly that actually … has any ever plugged anything into a pc, phone or telly that actually just started to work? plug in and play my *****.

:-D totally agree

Original Poster

sassie;7124385

is this one of the cheapie ones, the cds are crap that come with them, … is this one of the cheapie ones, the cds are crap that come with them, you need to download from site

Download what from where?

Banned

iglimpse;7124433

Download what from where?

when i got one of them cheap ones i emailed the supplier and said i could not get it to work, they sent me a link to download it

Original Poster

No contact details on the box

Banned

iglimpse;7124550

No contact details on the box

no contact who you purchased it from, what one is it

Original Poster

Something off the shelf, local mobile repair man shop.

Banned

sorry i dont know then, like i say the disc is probably not the lastest software/firmware, whatever its called - lol

Original Poster

thanks anyway sassie........hoping for a techie to come along soon

Banned

is it a bluesoleil

Original Poster

sassie;7124824

is it a bluesoleil

Yes it is. Given up. Uninstalled it all now. Had x3 crash dumps since installed
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions