Expired

Dinner ideas

Found 31st Mar
Am I the only one who always ends up cooking the same old stuff week in week out. Would be nice to try some different meals. Thought I would create this for us to share different dishes we all make and love
Community Updates
11 Comments
I made up some dish based on a Peruvian dish a friend cooked for me.

Lomo saltado is the original dish.

I took some cubed chicken, peppers,onion and chorizo and fried them. Seasoned with soy sauce and whatever else I had available. Added fried cubed potatoes. Had it on rice.

Another quick dish I make is an Italian dish called pasta alla monzese.

Take some good sausages. Crumble them and fry. I find two are enough for one person.
Add single cream and good saffron. Let everything thicken up and become a nice yellow. Add some pepper and if you want some grated parmigiano. Add boiled pasta and coat it well with the sauce. The original dish uses penne but you can use fusilli and similar too of course.

I also like to add a bit of red wine to the sausage if I have it.
Take a look at some of ginos recipes for pasta, some are really good. I really like this one blog.whsmith.co.uk/gin…pe/

Although substituted the sausage and pasta shells for other types.
Another quick dish I just remembered is pasta in a sauce made with broccoli and chorizo. Very simple and tasty.
Original Poster
hearts2217 m ago

I made up some dish based on a Peruvian dish a friend cooked for me.Lomo …I made up some dish based on a Peruvian dish a friend cooked for me.Lomo saltado is the original dish.I took some cubed chicken, peppers,onion and chorizo and fried them. Seasoned with soy sauce and whatever else I had available. Added fried cubed potatoes. Had it on rice.Another quick dish I make is an Italian dish called pasta alla monzese.Take some good sausages. Crumble them and fry. I find two are enough for one person. Add single cream and good saffron. Let everything thicken up and become a nice yellow. Add some pepper and if you want some grated parmigiano. Add boiled pasta and coat it well with the sauce. The original dish uses penne but you can use fusilli and similar too of course. I also like to add a bit of red wine to the sausage if I have it.

This sounds incredible! Thank you for sharing. I make a very similar chicken and chorizo paella which I love so will have to give this a try
Original Poster
cmdr_elito18 m ago

Take a look at some of ginos recipes for pasta, some are really good. I …Take a look at some of ginos recipes for pasta, some are really good. I really like this one https://blog.whsmith.co.uk/gino-dacampo-sardinian-pasta-shells-italian-sausage-tomato-ragu-recipe/Although substituted the sausage and pasta shells for other types.

Thank you I will check them out now
mod
My other half cooks this and it's really nice. Easy to cook too.

St Mary’s Chicken

* INGREDIENTS*
500g chicken breasts
6 rashers bacon (fat removed) or bacon medallions, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
200ml chicken stock
100ml low fat crème fraiche
1 tsp dried thyme
2 tbsp honey
Pinch of black pepper

*METHOD*
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Arrange the chicken breasts in an oven proof dish, sprinkle with the chopped bacon.
3. In a jug, mix the garlic, stock, mustard, crème fraiche, thyme, and pepper.
4. Pour mixture over chicken then drizzle with honey.
5. Cook for 40-45 minutes until chicken is thoroughly cooked through.
6. Serve with green veg, new potatoes or rice.
Original Poster
niceroundpound13 m ago

My other half cooks this and it's really nice. Easy to cook too.St Mary’s C …My other half cooks this and it's really nice. Easy to cook too.St Mary’s Chicken* INGREDIENTS*500g chicken breasts 6 rashers bacon (fat removed) or bacon medallions, chopped2 garlic cloves, crushed2 tbsp wholegrain mustard200ml chicken stock100ml low fat crème fraiche1 tsp dried thyme2 tbsp honeyPinch of black pepper*METHOD*1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. 2. Arrange the chicken breasts in an oven proof dish, sprinkle with the chopped bacon.3. In a jug, mix the garlic, stock, mustard, crème fraiche, thyme, and pepper. 4. Pour mixture over chicken then drizzle with honey. 5. Cook for 40-45 minutes until chicken is thoroughly cooked through. 6. Serve with green veg, new potatoes or rice.

Ok I want to eat this tonight That’s my kind of food!!!
We tend to cook quick and simple meals in the week, as it's late by the time we get home from work. A few meals include:
Pasta - fry onions, garlic and ham/bacon. Cook pasta, drain and stir in red pesto and soft cheese.
Risotto - fry onions, garlic, meat of any kind (chorizo is particularly good, especially the picante stuff), add risotto rice and quinoa, stock and miniature bottle of wine. Simmer for as long as it takes for liquid to go and rice to be cooked.
Jacket potatoes -can't go wrong with jackets!
Stir fry, jarred curries, jambalaya, mini version of a Sunday roast, salmon with rice and veg... we tend to have about 15 different meals and just rotate them throughout the month
niceroundpound7 h, 8 m ago

My other half cooks this and it's really nice. Easy to cook too.St Mary’s C …My other half cooks this and it's really nice. Easy to cook too.St Mary’s Chicken* INGREDIENTS*500g chicken breasts 6 rashers bacon (fat removed) or bacon medallions, chopped2 garlic cloves, crushed2 tbsp wholegrain mustard200ml chicken stock100ml low fat crème fraiche1 tsp dried thyme2 tbsp honeyPinch of black pepper*METHOD*1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. 2. Arrange the chicken breasts in an oven proof dish, sprinkle with the chopped bacon.3. In a jug, mix the garlic, stock, mustard, crème fraiche, thyme, and pepper. 4. Pour mixture over chicken then drizzle with honey. 5. Cook for 40-45 minutes until chicken is thoroughly cooked through. 6. Serve with green veg, new potatoes or rice.

I'm pinching this recipe. Sounds lush
Sometimes you can't beat chips and egg or beans and sausage on toast.
I tend to get fed up of grown up food after a while. Although you could try different herbs or spices, and different ways of cooking things. Like pasta bakes, or maybe a spaghetti bolognaise type dish done in a slow cooker, they taste amazing slowly cooking away all day.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants