Groups

Direct line car insurance renewal. Lines Busy. Any Direct line Customers out there?

I have been trying to renew my direct line car insurance for a few days now but lines are always busy or else on hold for ages, just been on hold another 45 minutes tonight before hanging up,i cant renew online as that option isnt available to me, does anyone know if direct line automatically renew your car insurance? ( i paid upfront on my debit card last year) My insurance is due to run out on 12th May.
    As previously stated on another post i have a cheaper recent quote from direct line as a new customer, if i pay online upfront tonight using this new quote would this mess anything up regarding my no claims bonus and if anyone can confirm whether they automatically debit your visa card upon renewal date? From a letter they sent me today it would seem my insurance would probably expire but like to make sure from any existing customers out there!

13 Comments

I would never deal with them as they opt out from the compare sites. maybe I'm a cynic but I can't help thinking they must have something to hide.

Banned

no, they wont just renew

can you try earlier in day? evenings are bad often, try the sales line?

Banned

Use 141 before the numbers to hide your caller ID. They probably just know its you and avoiding!

Dunno what the issue is. I use Direct line for all 3 cars and have never had a problem getting through.

Original Poster

jubbyme;8574301

no, they wont just renewcan you try earlier in day? evenings are bad … no, they wont just renewcan you try earlier in day? evenings are bad often, try the sales line?

Didnt try the sales line, yes have tried in mornings too, will ring sales line now if still open,thanks

Banned

deek72;8574293

I would never deal with them as they opt out from the compare sites. … I would never deal with them as they opt out from the compare sites. maybe I'm a cynic but I can't help thinking they must have something to hide.

or because they don't want to pay £150 commission to them and pass part of that saving to you?

Banned

colinsunderland;8574350

or because they don't want to pay £150 commission to them and pass part … or because they don't want to pay £150 commission to them and pass part of that saving to you?

Agreed. There is nothing wrong in getting a quote from a compare site and Direct Line. I use them because Ive found them to be the cheapest.

I'm with Direct Line. Last year I paid monthly, and it automatically renewed. I got a letter 1 month before the policy ended saying it'd automatically renew at X price.

This year I paid it all off at once, but I would assume it automatically renews again.

I was with them last year. They sent me a letter saying how much my renewal was, I didn't want it but it definitely said on the letter that it would be renewed if I didn't let them know. Have a look on your letter.

Yep as the above have said it get's automatically renewed. Been with them about 9 years now.

Original Poster

Result, got through on sales number after only 5 minutes! ,not the renewal number on letter thanks jubbyme,rep left, not only that but i got a further discount for having my buildings and contents with them as well,£231 fully comp with a couple of extras, well happy , oh my policy is now set to auto renew , it wasnt previously so hopefully no issues next year with ringing up, thanks for replies

Original Poster

kwikemart;8575037

this could be the problem … this could be the problem http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/10105554.stm

Wow the op that renewed my policy said they where recruiting more staff over next few weeks as they have been very very busy!

colinsunderland;8574350

or because they don't want to pay £150 commission to them and pass part … or because they don't want to pay £150 commission to them and pass part of that saving to you?

Yeah, sounds simple doesn't it. Brainwashed. if that's the case why don't all the others do it?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764264
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846184
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?31147
      4. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio913

See more discussions