Direct Vacumes on ebay are a terrible authorised Vax seller!

Posted 11th Dec 2019
DV do not answer the phone and take a week, so far to reply to emails if they are about a broken product. I've called Vax and will be recieving a new steam mop. a small part the handle slots into broke, it's held by one screw. There is no replacement part made. never buying from the seller again! Rant over!
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

21 Comments
I suggest that you use direct-vacuums instead.
I wonder if they're still laughing over at VAX.
Edited by: "Erudite" 11th Dec 2019
Are they based in Dunstable
Erudite11/12/2019 10:40

I suggest that you use direct-vacuums instead.I wonder if they're still …I suggest that you use direct-vacuums instead.I wonder if they're still laughing over at VAX.

What do you mean?
adamderak11/12/2019 10:40

Are they based in Dunstable

Yes they are. I'm not that far from them and was tempted to go there lol
mymymy11/12/2019 10:46

Yes they are. I'm not that far from them and was tempted to go there lol

Thanks I was going to buy from them directly as not far from them
Vax does not suck?
adamderak11/12/2019 10:47

If you can avoid them then do. If you have a problem you have to send out the item and wait for a repair to be done then they send it back. You can be waiting ages too. That's not including all the time wasted on email trying to argue the long process. I don't even think there is a phone but it's constantly line busy.
Hi mymymy. Sorry to hear about your troubles. Bit puzzled, to be fair though.

1) When you say "take a week, so far to reply to emails" - so, they DID reply? If so, what did they say? Have you even given them a chance to sort out your problem? How old is the unit since you purchased it?

2) You contacted Vax themselves - what did they say/do? When you say you are receiving a new mop, is this being supplied by VAX and is it a 'free' replacement or what?

3) No replacement part made??? They had to make the part in the first place to manufacture the unit so I don't understand why there's "no replacement part" available?

4) Never buying from the seller again. Have you purchased from this seller before and had a problem? Does their feedback reflect similar instances as yours? Have they categorically refused to help you in any way?

It's fine having a rant. We all do it, including me. You do have to take into account the time of year and the fact that MANY sellers are inundated with orders and problems exacerbate this to a degree. If it's a one-man-band scenario, they could be struggling under the weight but normally would've sorted you out ASAP.

Sorry if this sounds like I'm having a crack at you - I'm definitely not. It's just; and I'm sure many sellers would agree; that sometimes things can get out of control and problems would get sorted but not always at the speed customers would like/expect. At least it sounds like you are sorted now. Life, eh?

Kindest regards, Phsy.
n15hu11/12/2019 10:49

Vax does not suck?

I know, that's why I've got Dysons coming out of my ears! Vax are good at the wet stuff though
adamderak11/12/2019 10:47

Not far from me either but they may as well be on the moon 😁
Phsycronix11/12/2019 10:54

Hi mymymy. Sorry to hear about your troubles. Bit puzzled, to be fair …Hi mymymy. Sorry to hear about your troubles. Bit puzzled, to be fair though.1) When you say "take a week, so far to reply to emails" - so, they DID reply? If so, what did they say? Have you even given them a chance to sort out your problem? How old is the unit since you purchased it?2) You contacted Vax themselves - what did they say/do? When you say you are receiving a new mop, is this being supplied by VAX and is it a 'free' replacement or what?3) No replacement part made??? They had to make the part in the first place to manufacture the unit so I don't understand why there's "no replacement part" available?4) Never buying from the seller again. Have you purchased from this seller before and had a problem? Does their feedback reflect similar instances as yours? Have they categorically refused to help you in any way?It's fine having a rant. We all do it, including me. You do have to take into account the time of year and the fact that MANY sellers are inundated with orders and problems exacerbate this to a degree. If it's a one-man-band scenario, they could be struggling under the weight but normally would've sorted you out ASAP.Sorry if this sounds like I'm having a crack at you - I'm definitely not. It's just; and I'm sure many sellers would agree; that sometimes things can get out of control and problems would get sorted but not always at the speed customers would like/expect. At least it sounds like you are sorted now. Life, eh?Kindest regards, Phsy.

No reply from anyone to date so I've spoken to Vax this morning and resolved the problem. Upon receipt of my order details they are dispatching a new steam mop to me.

39321564.jpgUnsure why you are suggesting I haven't given them enough time to reasonably respond. The majority of online ordering is all about instant information. If I call the included phone number I expect a service. If they can't keep up with incoming traffic then they shouldn't be in the business of sales.
Edited by: "mymymy" 11th Dec 2019
You're not alone. Have you seen the reviews about them on trustpilot?

I too had a poor experience with them. Their biggest fault is no communication.
notalwaysright1911/12/2019 11:07

You're not alone. Have you seen the reviews about them on trustpilot? I …You're not alone. Have you seen the reviews about them on trustpilot? I too had a poor experience with them. Their biggest fault is no communication.

I have now! That's probably why Vax were so helpful, they must have loads of people call to complain. Thing is, they seem to dominate that particular market when searching. Lesson learnt now lol
mymymy11/12/2019 10:58

No reply from anyone to date so I've spoken to Vax this morning and …No reply from anyone to date so I've spoken to Vax this morning and resolved the problem. Upon receipt of my order details they are dispatching a new steam mop to me

Ok, so VAX are supplying you a "Free" replacement mop? That's pretty good then eh?

As for VD, you said above "If you have a problem you have to send out the item and wait for a repair to be done then they send it back." May I ask what you expected to happen? Most suppliers would need you to return the item to them for inspection/repair. Buying from a 'distance' seller means; unlike a shop; you would have to do certain things if a problem arises. If it were a shop, you would just take it back.

It sounds to me like your ONLY issue is with the "contact" aspect of this. I cannot possibly speculate what the cause of that is - i.e. whether they are deliberately ignoring you, hoping the issue will go away (in which case, it has!) or perhaps there are extenuating circumstances at work here. Of course this does not excuse their inability to; at the very least; reply to your contact to explain what happens next.

It will be interesting to see how this develops. Irrespective of VAX's input, from VD's perspective there is still an issue to resolve so I wouldn't tell them you've sorted it yourself. You may still be able to return the item to VD for repair/refund/replacement so it could be a win/win situation!

Do let us know if they come back to you. If you're all sorted; equipment-wise; I'd still press on and get the damaged one sorted - just from a 'spare' unit point of view.
Phsycronix11/12/2019 11:12

Ok, so VAX are supplying you a "Free" replacement mop? That's pretty good …Ok, so VAX are supplying you a "Free" replacement mop? That's pretty good then eh?As for VD, you said above "If you have a problem you have to send out the item and wait for a repair to be done then they send it back." May I ask what you expected to happen? Most suppliers would need you to return the item to them for inspection/repair. Buying from a 'distance' seller means; unlike a shop; you would have to do certain things if a problem arises. If it were a shop, you would just take it back.It sounds to me like your ONLY issue is with the "contact" aspect of this. I cannot possibly speculate what the cause of that is - i.e. whether they are deliberately ignoring you, hoping the issue will go away (in which case, it has!) or perhaps there are extenuating circumstances at work here. Of course this does not excuse their inability to; at the very least; reply to your contact to explain what happens next.It will be interesting to see how this develops. Irrespective of VAX's input, from VD's perspective there is still an issue to resolve so I wouldn't tell them you've sorted it yourself. You may still be able to return the item to VD for repair/refund/replacement so it could be a win/win situation!Do let us know if they come back to you. If you're all sorted; equipment-wise; I'd still press on and get the damaged one sorted - just from a 'spare' unit point of view.

I expect them to respond to my email explaining that my item had broken. It's 6 months old. They have not even made contact with me. What part of that is confusing you?
The part that broke is not listed as a part yet DV would have insisted I return the who product to them anyway. Pointless time wasting.
Edited by: "mymymy" 11th Dec 2019
The sooner HUKD has a rant section that users can choose to filter out, the better. Rant over
AndyRoyd11/12/2019 11:19

The sooner HUKD has a rant section that users can choose to filter out, …The sooner HUKD has a rant section that users can choose to filter out, the better. Rant over

More like a private rage room 😁
mymymy11/12/2019 11:16

I expect them to respond to my email explaining that my item had broken. …I expect them to respond to my email explaining that my item had broken. It's 6 months old. They have not even made contact with me. What part of that is confusing you?

Not confusing at all, mymymy. I completely understand you there. All I was pointing out is that even if we wish everything went our way and worked how we wanted it to, life does things to us all that change that fact. Who knows why they haven't contacted you yet? Technical issues? Perhaps they haven't even received your Email(s)? I sent a company FIVE Emails once about an issue and they swore blind they never received any of them. Server issues - apparently!

I'm not making excuses for them. Don't think that. I've just become accustomed over the years to now see things from both sides of the fence. We are all human and mistakes DO get made. Such is life.

Do VAX want to see your order details you placed with VD then - before they will send you a replacement? Do they want the old unit back for inspection?

As an aside, I was just reading an article and came across a 'feedback' from a VAX customer:

"We have a Vax Floormate and need new brushes (essential for a floor scrubber) but we are now told that Vax has no spares. Vax is no longer producing a floor cleaner and they do not know of any in the country.

How can this represent the duty of care that every supplier of appliances is obliged to give to their customers. On speaking to a parts stockist, who couldn\'t help me but said that he understood that Vax were no longer supplying spares for any of their products. BEWARE BEFORE YOU BUY A VAX PRODUCT."
Phsycronix11/12/2019 11:27

Not confusing at all, mymymy. I completely understand you there. All I was …Not confusing at all, mymymy. I completely understand you there. All I was pointing out is that even if we wish everything went our way and worked how we wanted it to, life does things to us all that change that fact. Who knows why they haven't contacted you yet? Technical issues? Perhaps they haven't even received your Email(s)? I sent a company FIVE Emails once about an issue and they swore blind they never received any of them. Server issues - apparently! I'm not making excuses for them. Don't think that. I've just become accustomed over the years to now see things from both sides of the fence. We are all human and mistakes DO get made. Such is life.Do VAX want to see your order details you placed with VD then - before they will send you a replacement? Do they want the old unit back for inspection?As an aside, I was just reading an article and came across a 'feedback' from a VAX customer:"We have a Vax Floormate and need new brushes (essential for a floor scrubber) but we are now told that Vax has no spares. Vax is no longer producing a floor cleaner and they do not know of any in the country.How can this represent the duty of care that every supplier of appliances is obliged to give to their customers. On speaking to a parts stockist, who couldn\'t help me but said that he understood that Vax were no longer supplying spares for any of their products. BEWARE BEFORE YOU BUY A VAX PRODUCT."

Going by reviews this is how DV operate. It's not lost emails or miscommunication. It's unacceptable to operate this way. I do not have to return the old unit or even supply a picture of the broken part, I offered. They just need my order details which were all confirmed during the phone call. I will have a new unit within a week. If only I contacted Vax first
mymymy11/12/2019 11:34

Going by reviews this is how DV operate. It's not lost emails or …Going by reviews this is how DV operate. It's not lost emails or miscommunication. It's unacceptable to operate this way. I do not have to return the old unit or even supply a picture of the broken part, I offered. They just need my order details which were all confirmed during the phone call. I will have a new unit within a week. If only I contacted Vax first

That's really great. It can be a bit of a merry-go-round. I worked for a large electrical retailer many moons ago so have a bit of an 'insight' into the process. It doesn't always go that smoothly. Most of the time, retailers and manufacturers can be at "loggerheads" and both will pass the buck to the other. I've said it before on other threads but Dyson were one of the worst. Urgh, I had SO much trouble with them...
Phsycronix11/12/2019 11:38

That's really great. It can be a bit of a merry-go-round. I worked for a …That's really great. It can be a bit of a merry-go-round. I worked for a large electrical retailer many moons ago so have a bit of an 'insight' into the process. It doesn't always go that smoothly. Most of the time, retailers and manufacturers can be at "loggerheads" and both will pass the buck to the other. I've said it before on other threads but Dyson were one of the worst. Urgh, I had SO much trouble with them...

Repairs and replacements are not sales, therefore are not priority. There should be a separate system so neither impacts the other. No customer service to speak of but this only becomes apparent when you have a problem and need to contact them. Products have to be fit for purpose and a business has to comply by rules and regs itself. I've made a complaint to trading standards.
Regarding Dyson, never a problem with them 😁
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions